Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is a 2012 F-350 Lariat Dually. Truck has around 290k miles. About a month and a half ago, I updated the mini max, and after it was updated my trucks max speed was 70mph. Today I tried to fix that “issue”. Now if I install the standard mini max times the truck dies after running for about 5 seconds. But if I tune it to stock/ factory, it derates the engine because the truck thinks it’s out of Def. (the truck is DEF deleted.) just trying to get the truck back to normal. Any help/ tips would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck is a 2012 F-350 Lariat Dually. Truck has around 290k miles. About a month and a half ago, I updated the mini max, and after it was updated my trucks max speed was 70mph. Today I tried to fix that “issue”. Now if I install the standard mini max times the truck dies after running for about 5 seconds. But if I tune it to stock/ factory, it derates the engine because the truck thinks it’s out of Def. (the truck is DEF deleted.) just trying to get the truck back to normal. Any help/ tips would be much appreciated!
When you say update. What might ya be referring to?
the mini max module just said it needed to be updated in order to switch between the preset tunes. So I updated it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm ... H&S has been out of business for a few years.
did you follow this url to update? Tuner Updates | H&S Performance
It says your link is unavailable. But the only issue I had with the update was it set my speed limiter to 70mph. When I tried changing it, it messed the tunes up. So with the preset H&S tunes my truck will run for about 5 seconds, die, the the dash says “safely stop now”. If I put it to the factory tune, it’ll only run about 50mph, and reduce the engine power cause the truck thinks it’s out of DEF, because it’s been deleted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah that link is very iffy. and old.. might have to give it a few tries.. its the process for downloading and updating the firmware on the mini maxx device.

here is another.

I was wondering because the last firmware update was like in 2014 or something (there is a specific process for updating). so updating to??? what?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah that link is very iffy. and old.. might have to give it a few tries.. its the process for downloading and updating the firmware on the mini maxx device.

here is another.

I was wondering because the last firmware update was like in 2014 or something (there is a specific process for updating). so updating to??? what?
I messed around with the tuner, all I had to do was say the emission system was removed and not to tune the transmission. All is back to normal and the truck purrs like a kitten. Much appreciated for the assistance though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts