Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gxt Tuner - Need advice from someone who knows ?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bdlowder1 
#1 ·
New guy to the forum and to tuning .. I've got a 2006 F-250 deleted /studded ,currently have a sct x4 running on it when I bought the truck few months back ,it runs great as is but always looking for more or better . I've already read not to update the x4 . Even called SCT tech once and they were no help with any questions then about that tuner .
Question now is , I purchased a GTX model #40460B and want to use it on the truck because of the better color screen/larger screen, but know nothing about setting it up and vendor wont discuss anything ...as he says he can't either ...I may end up returning for a refund if I can't get some help with these questions ..don't know what else to do ?
Could anyone that knows for sure about this- please give me some advice ..I ain't the popo and can prove it . I already got the truck that's been done the dirty to .
Can the GTX be used on my truck , 6.0 studded / deleted but stock injectors with powermax turbo/wicked wheel , 4 " exhaust banjo bolt ,blue spring ,lifted 10" Fabtech suspension . Planning injectors once spring hits !
How much will I need to change around from having the X4 already installed with the heat probe connected to the remote device with the X4 .
Will I need to do the same for the GTX and ifso what will I need ?
Will I gain performance vs. the sct X4 already on it ?
How do I go about installing -I have the directions but don't want to update (or should I even hook up Wifi ) for fear of screwing something up (!!!!!) New GXT hasnt left the box yet until I know forsure what I'm doing .
Also I want custom tunes but not until I install bigger injectors in a few months , so don't really want to pay for tunes today , (although if that is only option to use the GTX ... *I will do so ) ..but need to know who to use when the time comes ?
Also any pointers ,info on tips about setting the GTX up ...it says it a bullydog but SCT box looks identical even the tuner picture on the cover of the black box with the exception of name on it ...what gives there ?

See less See more
#2 ·
This probably doesn’t help. But I have the SCT livewire. LOVE it. Running street tune and it has a great monitor. As far as the delete I have the cooler blanked off and egr still plugged in so no light but no exhaust heat. I did notice the livewire has no option for egr delete anymore. But I have an 04 and have heard they are easier to trick as far as the egr

#3 ·
I have the X4 tuner on it now and set on performance tune with a couple settings +/- ..its wild on wet pavement at 35mph and stepping on it . It breaks traction and sideways . Happy with the power it make but wanted the better screen and quicker change of settings .
I guess I'm not going to return the GTX and wait until warm weather to install it then and hopefully find some custom tuning as I plan injectors and a few more upgrades . Maybe by then I can gain more info too. My thing is that for the cost of the tuner ,somebody should be able to tell you what and how to set it up , hell , $550 is a good bit change to spend chancing if it will work on my set-up !
I am heading to Daytona next week so tempted to stop by Sanford to visit SCT ..they were not helpfull on the phone ...I also understand they got into some trouble but I am betting their not selling many tuners if they are operating this way .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.