Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of these and i've talked to a few people and they are telling me to jacked the frame of the truck up with I go to mount the front brackets to the frame so I have some preload on them when its sitting on the ground. Im actually wanting these to help me with drag racing and what not, not to just soften the shifts up. Did any of you guys do this or just you just bolt everything up with it sitting on the ground and did it have any chance when you launch it? Thanks

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I went from Pro Comp bars to CalTracs and that was the best move I made for drag racing. Went from a 1.71 60 foot to a 1.66. Maybe loading the Pro Comp bars up will help, but I didn't much care for them.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
I never took mine to the track but i drive mine pretty hard when im on black top, the 310 tune bent my bars FWIW.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Go to cal tracs website. You can find them on there

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Jeff what cal tracs? like I look on ebay and cant find any for our trucks??
The are several dealers for CalTracs here on the forum. I'm sure someone will chime in, or you can do a search and find a dealer. I know SunCoast is a dealer. That is who I went through. Wide Open Performance is another dealer.

There are also several threads about CalTracs...including a thread I started early last year. Just do a search.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Rudy's is a dealer

·
Registered
106 Posts
Long bar will give you the best and easiest. I dont think you need to preload them at all. I have a lightning and we dont preload them at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts