Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the billet oil filter cap accurate for oil temp, or is it used for oil pressure? It seems that the oil would be cooler in the filter and give an inaccurate reading of temp. Please help clear this up, thanks!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I'm getting ready to put this in.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's done. Seems accurate, sat about 185ish. Now I just need to get my coolant gauge finished.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
damn it already arrived..that was wicked quick shipping..

It may be a couple degree's off from the oil pressure test port, buts its close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn it already arrived..that was wicked quick shipping..

It may be a couple degree's off from the oil pressure test port, buts its close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.
I couldn't believe it either! Didn't you ship it on saturday?

·
Registered
878 Posts
But what if you already have put your pressure gauge in that slot where is the test port located so I can place my temp sensor? Also where in the hell does the water temp sensor go??????????Both of ya help me

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not too bad, the hole is very easy to get to from under the truck. Just have to drain the coolant...

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
You could find a splinter of some sort..I would put the pressure gauge in the pressure test port and take your oil temp from the cap. My water temp is right where the coolant runs into the oil cooler.I don't have a pic handy but I know its posted around here somewhere.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You could find a splinter of some sort..I would put the pressure gauge in the pressure test port and take your oil temp from the cap. My water temp is right where the coolant runs into the oil cooler.I don't have a pic handy but I know its posted around here somewhere.
See if you cant locate it when ya get a minute please sir.. also where is the test port located??

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O the test port sounds like a good spot for the Oil pressure...

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Not too bad, the hole is very easy to get to from under the truck. Just have to drain the coolant...
Just gotta be fast like lightning :doh: and don't mind getting messy LOL

...also where is the test port located??
Here is a pic of the test port installation.

well you could put the oil pressure gauge in the oil pressure test port, its a tight fit to get to and you have to drill out and tap the fitting, you can see it here:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just gotta be fast like lightning :doh: and don't mind getting messy LOL
That is they way I will be doing it when my adapter gets hereLOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts