Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any good ideas? I need a place to put my carry gun so I can stop wearing a hole in my seat :doh:

How about long gun mounts? Interested to see some creative ideas if anyone has any.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
Cabelas has some that strap on the back of the seat, would work unless you are really tall or have a bunch of stuff back there.
I tried the suction cup kind for the window, no such luck with a single cab. Hits ya right in the head.
Look at the cabelas site in auto accessories, they have on for the front seat.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I sewed a slide holster to the back of my center jump seat / console. Makes for quick retrieval just in case.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are some good options, but my grabby little 2 yr old boy would love nothing more than to get his hands on that while riding in the back. I was thinking of something like a solid mount under the dash to the right of the column (right handed) where the brake controller would be mounted?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't have one, I have been meaning to buy one since I saw them at a gun show last year but I haven't gotten around to it. Lol. One of my buddies has one and he likes it pretty good.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have one that was drilled and bolted thru window...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've Got this one next to my bed.

Mini Gun Safes |GV1000C STD | GunVault

But I'd like to have a quicker draw option than a locked safe. When I'm not in the truck the gun is on me. Although that actually might not be a bad idea now that I think about it. I do have to leave it in the truck when I'm at a bid opening at a government building.

Maybe I need both.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've Got this one next to my bed.

Mini Gun Safes |GV1000C STD | GunVault

But I'd like to have a quicker draw option than a locked safe. When I'm not in the truck the gun is on me. Although that actually might not be a bad idea now that I think about it. I do have to leave it in the truck when I'm at a bid opening at a government building.

Maybe I need both.
Thats the same one on my dresser. I have a 4yr old grand daughter and feel safe her not getting at the loaded and racked pistols. I use the composit style holster that has the push button to releases it in the truck. I put it between my seat and the center seat. It holds it tight and doesnt move. I have also seen a buddy that had a seat cover with a pouch in the front between his legs he puts it in

·
Cantankerous Old *******
627 Posts
I would like to have a Browning Twin 50 MaDuece mounted to the top of my cab, but don't think it would hold it *SIGH*......

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I would like to have a Browning Twin 50 MaDuece mounted to the top of my cab, but don't think it would hold it *SIGH*......
LOL LOL...... roll bar like rear mount in the box for discharge over cab....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts