Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would i be better off getting guages for my truck or the edge insite cts? O and how do i go about getting cab lights for my truck?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm partial to gauges because they are always there telling you what is going on at a glance. I have an OBS, but I got my cab lights at NAPA. The dealership sells them as well as the harness.
I think your truck would look very good with cab lights.:drool:
:fordoval:

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Would i be better off getting guages for my truck or the edge insite cts? O and how do i go about getting cab lights for my truck?
I would go with an edge insight or a dashdaq.. Where are you going to mount 8 guages at once? And swap out gauges for other gauges in 5 seconds if yuo want to monitor something else? Just my opinion.. Also, you can go through Recon and get cab lights, or the dealership.. Dealership usually charges around $350 to put on cab lights

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
personally, I put gauges in my truck because I got tired of taking the dash daq in and out every time i drove. And yea, you can monitor 8 thingsat once, but the readouts are so small you can't read them unless it's in your face, especially when they're fluctuating. Most of the time I use the gauges, and if i'm going to dyno or the track or acting stupid i'll use both.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i know the edge cts is 400. wat would i be looking at for all of the guages i need. and wat guages would be most important to have?

·
Registered
400 Posts
if your still under warrenty though, it would be a lot easier to hide the dash dac or what ever tuner you have. just my 02 cents

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
gauges wont void warranty, just tell them you tow and you like to watch your temps and boost
Wouldnt that make them suspicous for boost? Because i dont remember my boost gettin above maybe 38psi stock

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You could just say you didn't trust the gauge in the dash, or you look the way pillar gauges look.

plenty of ways to get around it if you really want them.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea pluss i dont have a warenty anymore anyway i voided it about 2 weeks after i got the truck

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i like the way the gauges looks but how often do they get stolen cuz i looked into them to day and they are OUTRAGOUSLY priced, i am not sure i can justify spending that much when the edge is 400. unless yall know were to get them cheep but still good and reliable.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
mine is always dead nuts on. they read from the same signal i believe.
I have sat in the truck with Dunbar twice on the dyno. The DashDAQ always says 35-38 psi when the the stock needle is pegged out at 40. That is what is odd to me since they both read the same. I never really compared when I had a mechanical boost gauge. The mechanical one did read boost quicker and it was a 60 psi gauge so I could see how high it would go.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
ok i like the way the gauges looks but how often do they get stolen cuz i looked into them to day and they are OUTRAGOUSLY priced, i am not sure i can justify spending that much when the edge is 400. unless yall know were to get them cheep but still good and reliable.
try glowshift gauges. they're dirt cheap and have been working well for a lot of people.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok going to go with guages cuz they can be used on any truck incase i trade mine in i can still use them. but should i go with digital or not?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
You can use an edge insight on any truck too?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have sat in the truck with Dunbar twice on the dyno. The DashDAQ always says 35-38 psi when the the stock needle is pegged out at 40. That is what is odd to me since they both read the same. I never really compared when I had a mechanical boost gauge. The mechanical one did read boost quicker and it was a 60 psi gauge so I could see how high it would go.
what happen to your gauges you had

1 - 19 of 19 Posts