Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my ITP gauge kit installed today. Took me about 6 or 7 hours to install all of it, but I took my time and had a few folks come by the shop.

Here's a few night pics of the install. Top to bottom is trans, pyro and then boost. I changed the bulbs out for LED's. I wasn't sure about green or blue so I tried both. Green is decent with the LED's and blue is really hard to see the gauges. I actually like the green/blue mix and might keep it since the green is for my trans gauge. That's the one I'm most concerned about. I may try a different style of LED's though to see if I can get some to work better.

Attachments

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Looks pretty neat man! Im ready to get my gauges... I need a set badly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're pretty neat. I had no idea how the go pedal had an effect on the EGT's. Just driving it hovers around 600. I got on it going up a hill and the turbo went to 15 PSI and about 1100 EGT before I let off.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
They're pretty neat. I had no idea how the go pedal had an effect on the EGT's. Just driving it hovers around 600. I got on it going up a hill and the turbo went to 15 PSI and about 1100 EGT before I let off.
Should see it with a tune, its more like 1300-1500 at WOT, but they do look snazzy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more note. The green doesn't look it in the picture but it just about matches the factory green.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
IMO...

worry more about EGT's then trans temp. unless you know your trans is already cooked.

getting into traffic with the hoopiedoopie(F5) on whatchyetnuts (140hp setting) you can get into traffic real fast... but egts go really fast too

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Driving around today the middle gauge is actually more at eye level so you can do a quick shift over to it and back on the road. The top gauge is a little more work to see so really the EGT is "easier" to see than the trans temp so it works out well.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
hey, where did you get your LEDs from?

your gauges look nice-

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a comparison between the old LED's and the newer, bright LED's

1st pic: Standard LED, 1 LED
2nd pic: Bright LED, 5 LEDs
3rd pic: Daytime comparison. Top is the new LED, bottom still has the old LED in it. You can see them in the daytime so I'm sure it'll be really nice at night.

The current blue ones are about 270 MCD (.84 lumens) and green is 350 MCD (1.1 lumens) and the new ones are 5500 MCD (69.1 lumens) and 11,000 MCD (138 lumens) so it should be a lot brighter.

Here's the link to the two different LED's.

Standard: WLED-x (194 type) Wedge Base bulbs Specifications

Bright LED's: High Power SMD WLED-xHP5 (194 type) 360 degree Wedge Base bulbs Specifications

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Night picture comparison. Top and bottom gauge have the single LED, middle gauge has the new LED with 5 LED's in one element. Definitely brighter and you can read the gauge now.

Attachments

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
loving the look of them bright LED'S

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What bulb number would I need for the isspro ev series?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
loving the look of them bright LED'S
The blue almost gives it a black light effect on the orange needle. It really makes it stand out.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
The blue almost gives it a black light effect on the orange needle. It really makes it stand out.
it looks awesome! still trying to figure out a place to mount some gauges if i ever get some i want a discreet location for them.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sweet looking setup!!! i wouldnt mind putting some green led bulbs in my gauges:bowfast:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
That gave me an idea.

I think it would be pretty cool to have a set of gauges that would change from either blue or green to yellow as temps got hotter to red when it was dangerous.

IE. around 180 tranny turned yellow then over 210 it went to red.

You could set the color changes to specific temps for each gauge.

Just an idea.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
hey that would be a great idea!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts