Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for boost and a pyro guage and guage pod for my obs... I was thinking glowshift??

Where can I get the Best prices on boost and pyro with guage pod?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have the Glowshift 3-1 and I like it so far. It might not be the best thing out there, but it allowed me to have one gauge on the column for everything I needed. Only problem I had was everyonce in a while the gauge would freak out, reset, and then work fine. Found out that it is a little picky about the 12V signal it picks up so I put a cheap 12V dc to dc regulator that put a constant 12V to that gauge and it works like a champ. The boost sensor is easy, just drill a hole in your stock y pipe coming from the turbo and thread the hole. I also tapped a hole on the driver side manifold for the EGT. I had to go buy a tap for that one, but they are less than 10 bucks. Took me a day including running around for a tap, but not bad. I am pretty picky about how I wire things up too. Just but it from a reputable place like Amazon so you can return it easily if something happens.

I suggest the analog EGT with digital boost and trans temp.

·
Still Completely Lost
190 Posts
I would absolutely advise you against anything glowshift. I bought 5 gauges and 3 of them were messed up in some way or another. Some were significantly dimmer than the rest, my EGT gauge completely quit responding and just registered max temp permanently, on another one the color blue would only work periodically so that also made purple and green not work. It made me so mad that I had to throw away $400 in gauges and buy all new auto meters but it had to be done. You can do what you want but I thought I should tell you what I wish someone would have told me.

Initially when I had the first problem I was able to return it (all of them bought from amazon) however they wanted to charge me a return shipping fee even thought the original shipping was free and the problem was a defect. I bought them directly from glowshift and when they started arguing with me over what was actually wrong, I had to send many pictures to prove the issue then they finally took it back. I should have cut my losses and ordered auto meter but I gave them another chance…bad Idea…like I said, 3 out of 5 of them were messed up and it was too late to return them…a year later and now I have autometer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just my opinion here. I bought and installed glowshift 3 gauge and pod set about 8 months ago. From the day I put them in I've never had one problem out of them. They all work correctly. Colors change like they should. All the same brightness. I even have a switch hooked up to sim them at night, works great.

I've seen several local guys have issues with the illumination and it's always been the way they wired them.

I would recommend glowshift for anyone on a tight budget.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
635 Posts
You can get ISS Pro EV1 Pyro and Boost for under $200.

The Pyro itself is $90 and the thermocoupler is $60 and a boost gauge is $40. These are the prices I pad, but may differ now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got brand new glowshift pryo, boost, fuel pressure and gauge pod for obs from a member for $100. So I'm gonna try them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I buy my gauge pods off eBay for $20-30. The Isspro's are in my Dodge. I have Autometer Superduty match gauges in my ford, but have close to $500 in them.

The way I shop for parts is to find the manufacturer parts nber and surf the web till you find the best deals. All my IssPro's come from Diesel Manor.

·
Still Completely Lost
190 Posts
Just my opinion here. I bought and installed glowshift 3 gauge and pod set about 8 months ago. From the day I put them in I've never had one problem out of them. They all work correctly. Colors change like they should. All the same brightness. I even have a switch hooked up to sim them at night, works great.

I've seen several local guys have issues with the illumination and it's always been the way they wired them.

I would recommend glowshift for anyone on a tight budget.

Its a very good thing I was also an installer of anything custom for autos for years. Plus being a mechanic I can assure you that these were installed absolutely correct. After the initial issue with the boost gauge, I didn't have the others fail till a little while later. Some color issues were at around 10 months, then EGT failure at around a year.

I guess if you have a stock truck then I wouldn't see an issue with putting some trust in glowshift, but if you need a reliable gauge then these are not them. But like you said, its only your opinion…read around and you will find many other failures that people had.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Its a very good thing I was also an installer of anything custom for autos for years. Plus being a mechanic I can assure you that these were installed absolutely correct. After the initial issue with the boost gauge, I didn't have the others fail till a little while later. Some color issues were at around 10 months, then EGT failure at around a year.

I guess if you have a stock truck then I wouldn't see an issue with putting some trust in glowshift, but if you need a reliable gauge then these are not them. But like you said, its only your opinion…read around and you will find many other failures that people had.

Like it's been said. You get what you pay for. If your completely worried about having a gauge fail and you'll shut your truck off because of a failing gauge then they aren't for you. If you have a close to stock truck or a highly modified truck like mine and need to watch fuel pressures and egts now and then to make sure your in the right limits, glowshifts will work ok IMO

·
Registered
635 Posts
Like it's been said. You get what you pay for. If your completely worried about having a gauge fail and you'll shut your truck off because of a failing gauge then they aren't for you. If you have a close to stock truck or a highly modified truck like mine and need to watch fuel pressures and egts now and then to make sure your in the right limits, glowshifts will work ok IMO

Hey, another local!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts