Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were would be the best place to mount a boost sensor, fuel pressure sensor, oil temp sensor, and pyro probe.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
really depends on your liking, i have mine all down by my 4x4 shifter. i dont like to see the pods on the a pillar or above the rear view mirror cause when you pull up next to someone, they want to race thinking it a supped up. I like the look of the sleeper also that way if you loose they dont have much to brag about cause it looks stock.

·
I Wanna Go Fast
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have been clear lol:poke::poke::poke::doh::doh::doh:
I mean where should I mount everything in the engine.LOL

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Do you have a 6.0? ok if you have a 6.0 drill and tap your intake elbow and put the boost line there. Fuel pressure and Oil temp can be taken care of with some billit caps for the oil filter and fuel filter housings (FCDP has them) and for your pyrometer, drivers side exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
72 Posts
mount the fuel pressure sensor in the test port on the secondary fuel filter housing. either buy an adaptor, M12x1.5 (male) x 1/8" NPT (female), or the ITP fuel pressure adapter hose. guys have reported lower oil temps by using the oil filter cap location. i really don't know. i believe there is a test plug on the filter housing. pyro in the driver side manifold right behind the last cylinder port.

Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 2003-2007 6.0L Powerstroke

go here and find the link to 6.0 guage install
ITP Diesel Documentation Index

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
:whs:

Diesel Manor has some great writeups on installing gauges.

I have fuel pressure and oil temp in billet caps on filter housings.

Pyro in the drivers side manifold as stated (can be seen in the Diesel manor directions) and Boost in the intake elbow.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
did you guys use electric gauges? or manual with something like diesel manors sending unit for the fuel PSI?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts