Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have looked at literally 100's of threads on guages. I already picked up a color matched 3 guage pod for my 2005 F350. From what I can gather I need to get guages for Trans Temp, Boost, and EGT. I have the XLT package with the black guages panel, so I want guages that match that good. Would love to see pics of your setups to see how they look.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
So you are looking for pics of black gauges?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics would be cool...really just curious what everyone is running and if they like them or not. Also wouldnt mind hearing what guages to stay away from.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well I have silver, but I will throw it up just for fun! I have Autometer and I love them!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ok here is my setup:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
i have nexus gauges and they are amazing, all electronic and spot on not to mention the recording and playback.

but fwiw i wouldnt worry about boost if your only doing 3, your factory gauge is pretty accurate,instead worry about a very important fuel pressure gauge. my .02

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
Those look good.

I have autometer phantoms and like em. They get the job done.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have nexus gauges and they are amazing, all electronic and spot on not to mention the recording and playback.

but fwiw i wouldnt worry about boost if your only doing 3, your factory gauge is pretty accurate,instead worry about a very important fuel pressure gauge. my .02
Good point. I wondered about the accuracy of the factory boost guage, but it makes since to have the fuel pressure guage instead.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Good point. I wondered about the accuracy of the factory boost guage, but it makes since to have the fuel pressure guage instead.
x2 on the fuel pressure gauge, keep the injectors happy. I got no pictures since I just ordered gauges but I went with a pyro, oil temp, coolant temp, and fuel pressure. I like the look of the optix gauges specially for a factory match (nothing matches exactly the factory white face though :doh:) but for me you can't get enough matching gauges from Dipricol so I went with Isspro's instead.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I have the sport comp II mines not an 05 though.

If you have an 05 with black gauges the sport comp I and the z series will look the best, neither have LED bulbs but they come with just a white bulb that has a green or red cover..the green matches stock perfectly.

If you have and 05 with white face gauges the Phantom I or II will match the best.

here are mine..

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
x2 on the fuel pressure gauge, keep the injectors happy. I got no pictures since I just ordered gauges but I went with a pyro, oil temp, coolant temp, and fuel pressure. I like the look of the optix gauges specially for a factory match (nothing matches exactly the factory white face though :doh:) but for me you can't get enough matching gauges from Dipricol so I went with Isspro's instead.
excellent gauge choices!!

These mentioned gauges are key to a 6.0.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thought Trans guage was an important one?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Thought Trans guage was an important one?
I think unless heavy regular towing or constant drag racing (brake boosting) the trans should be pretty good. I don't plan on stopping with 4 gauges but can only budget so many at a time lol. For me it was a toss up on the fuel pressure or trans temp, oil/coolant temp will be nice for EGR or oil cooler troubles if they come up. Honestly I can't justify my choice either way or pick something over a trans gauge, I just plan on getting one down the road. Now I just jinxed myself and my trans is gonna wipe next week LOL

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have those same ultra lights on mine... work great!
I love the look of the ultra lights, they look so clean and not all ricer. Just wish they had a little better lighting a night.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have the sport comp II mines not an 05 though.

If you have an 05 with black gauges the sport comp I and the z series will look the best, neither have LED bulbs but they come with just a white bulb that has a green or red cover..the green matches stock perfectly.

If you have and 05 with white face gauges the Phantom I or II will match the best.

here are mine..

I love the look of those at night!

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I love the look of the ultra lights, they look so clean and not all ricer. Just wish they had a little better lighting a night.
Iv thought about trying to change the light out with something else. It works ok for me, i can see them fine, but i do wish it was a little brighter :doh:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts