Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine blow up his stocker today. Who has the best prices on a 38r or are there any other suggestions you guys have for a drop in doesnt have to be a bb just something better than a stock one. He only has stock sticks. Thanks

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
or he could go the van turbo route.. my van turbo goes down im going to a 38r...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I think the 38 is ideal for that kind of situation where you want a drop in with a huge jump in both performance and reliability. Easy install. If he every out grows it it should be a quick sell used and they seem to hold good value.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Van turbo is def. a option anybody know where one is at? I know he will want down time to a min. 2k for the 38r Im sure will shell shock him so is there any other ones you guys would suggest for around 800ish-1200ish

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Who pays 2K for a 38R?

1700-1800. Still costly but not 2K. Van turbo is certainly the lowest cost option but also lowest power option upgrade as well. It really depend on what your friends present and long term goals are.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Used stack replacement for that money. Spend the dollers and get an H2E with install kit from Dieselsite.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got mine 3 months ago from a fellow here in Austin, he found me one when no one else could. Great price and service was and is the best I've experienced. I believe Justin is his name.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts