Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
14,127 Posts
42 would be awesome with mini-mes. A 45 is a little too much for a daily driver even with b-codes. Doesn't really lite 'til around 2200rpm. It is a lot of fun once it does though. :D

42 spools like nobody's business. I think David said there's even a couple of people using them with stock injectors. I'm putting a 42 back on asap.

· Registered
320 Posts
A lot of it is going to depend on the size of the 42R your looking at. A 4202 is not going to spool well but with a proper sized exhaust housing once it lights hang on. If your planing to street drive most of the time a 40 would be a better choice but you will give up a little on the top.

· Banned
7,730 Posts
Yeah, the 42 is an especially varied turbo based on the compressor wheel you choose. Within the 42 model there is one model with a 96lb compressor wheel. On the other hand there's also one that barely moves 80lbs.

The 42 line is wildly varied depending on the exact model.

· Cummins Power
3,082 Posts
Lotts a wanna be :nutswinger: call II and get a K31.

· Registered
857 Posts
And that costs??????????????

· Registered
688 Posts
I went with the GT4294 with a 1.01 a/r turbine housing. The truck is a big dually used as a daily driver and for towing. Injectors are 200cc splitshots. I imagine it will spool really quick for my use. The 1.01 housing may be too small, but I will be measuring the backpressure, so a larger housing will be used if needed. These turbos are not cheap, I got mine for $1799.00.........sorry can't say where. I tried to get it through David Lott, but he said he could not match the price. I have MANY hours in my custom mount and piping, so if you can't do fab work, by all means buy Davids complete set-up, its well worth it.

· Registered
857 Posts
:nopics:

· Registered
688 Posts
I'll take a few, can't give up all my secrets.;) I took some pics, but there are too large and have no way to downsize them..........the new software is no loaded yet. I can email them to someone if they can downsize them and post them.

· Registered
7,584 Posts
I'll take a few, can't give up all my secrets.;) I took some pics, but there are too large and have no way to downsize them..........the new software is no loaded yet. I can email them to someone if they can downsize them and post them.
Simple way is to email them to yourself then click make smaller when the pop up box pops up. Windows will automatically resize them.

· Registered
688 Posts
The set up is going out next week for the hot pipes with bellows. The base plate and stand is aluminum. The fittings are all straight thread o-ring, -4 feed and -10 drain. Once its all done I will add what it would cost to duplicate. I still need to fab up the intake y. Thank you for the compliments.:D

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The set up is going out next week for the hot pipes with bellows. The base plate and stand is aluminum. The fittings are all straight thread o-ring, -4 feed and -10 drain. Once its all done I will add what it would cost to duplicate. I still need to fab up the intake y. Thank you for the compliments.:D
Please keep us posted...I may try to follow in you foot steps and DIY my own kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.