Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im pretty torn at the moment i have a 38r sitting here staring at me begging for air..lol my question is would a 42 be worth it for a 100% DD street truck? for some reason i have my heart set on 600hp.. but 575 would do.. so im looking into mounting options. ive talked with dave at DI and he cant give me an accurate time frame on his new kit availability. engine and tranny will be ready in 2 weeks. are there any other mounting options out there? heres a rundown of my build so far.

Rebuilt bottom (balanced, blue printed,cryo'd rods,studs,PR's,Springs,)
Ported heads + valve job
Gearhead stage 1.5 cam
Swamps 250/100 hybrids
Term modded 17* or adrenaline (have both gonna do some testing for you guys)
full ITP fuel system
Di headers
Beans plenums

I live at sealevel I dont tow (maybe 2-3 times a year local). im looking for a BADASS DD street truck, responsive, good milage, fun and fast.

what should i do guys?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
That combo is what was recommended to me as I have basically the same power goals as you. 575-600+ preferably closer to the latter. I am still on the fence with 100% or 200% nozzles. If I go 200% I will pay to have fuel mods etc I think, pending discussing it over with Nate. The differnce, I was going to go with 300cc so I would not have to worry about volume in the future . Volume can easily be handled in the tunes so would rather know I am covered.

On mounting options Empire has a T4 kit as does Carsons IIRC.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must say this is an awesome problem to have :D i'll call empire and Carson today or Monday

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Sounds like a sick street truck. Your goals and mine are pretty close as far as what we want out of our trucks, you'll get there.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I would recommend the 4294.. I have been running one on my truck, which is my DD. Spool up is awesome and the mid to top end is crazy.

There are a few spots where its a tad laggy, but you just learn where those are and you drive your truck a little differently. I have also towed with mine and it did great..

·
Snowboard season cometh..
274 Posts
What are you asking for your 38R? PM'd you as well.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What exhaust housing you all recommend the 1.01 or 1.15?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i talked to carson today and he doesnt offer a 42r mounting kit yet.. i also called empire they said they did have a kit but i have to wait until next monday to get a rundown on the price since there gitting ready for the ts performance meet. wish david would just hurry up and get some kits ready!! :D oh and i called swamps and talked to patrick, he said to call back and talk with dave they might have something.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Why would they not have a kit??? Just use a H2e type kit and mod the flange... takes all of 20 minutes and your in busness...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know thats what carson said himself. really thats all i need to do is get a h2e type mounting kit and mod the flange how about the pedistal?

Why would they not have a kit??? Just use a H2e type kit and mod the flange... takes all of 20 minutes and your in busness...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
i dont know thats what carson said himself. really thats all i need to do is get a h2e type mounting kit and mod the flange how about the pedistal?
The only differance between a H2e mount and a T4 mount is the flange, everything else is the same or close enough to the same.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Go with a 4294 and a 1.15.

If you lived close I could hook you up. I do not have the time to build kits for the most part, that is the reason I dropped out. Too many irons in the fire!
Sorry I missed you this weekend. By the time I got your PM it was late Fri night. Really wanted to see your setup with that 45.

How much of an effect does going with the 1.15 over the 1.01 have on towing? Would not be anything real heavy under 10K

1 - 20 of 47 Posts