Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well tax time has come and should i go with a gt42 or a sledgehammer????? im running a 38r about 40lbs of boost and pulling a 30ft enclosed through the mountains still getting surging.... The surge dont really bother me as much as the hp does. LOL

·
fueled by Colecovision
3,060 Posts
Trae~

with as much & often as you tow...I think the Sledgehammer is out of the question...

42R would be pretty solid...but even then..it's not a small "towing" turbo...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Dave,

Does the sledgehammer flow more / boost higher than a 4294R. How does it spool comparitively with proper fueling? All these various combos can get confusing in rating them at least for me.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much are we talking about for all the parts?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Pends if you go jb or bb

·
Registered
184 Posts
With the hybrids you're running and the hopes of towing, you might look into our GQSSB turbocharger. Comes as a complete bolt-in system, as we use the Hypermax mounting kit. The turbo spools great and would be plenty of turbo to support 500hp with good egt's and great street manners.

If there is anything we can do for you with your build, let us know.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its not the hopes of towing... I do tow. what do you think would be better? a bb or jb??? I tow a 40ft gooseneck usally about 15k on it..

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
BB spool faster

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would be interested in that 38r, when up grade.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
From what I been told and read comparing a typcial modded H2E compared to the GQSSB. The later will spool faster lite a bit earlier and flow a bit more CFM witha larger map. Its comes as a step up from the Modded H2E.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sao your saying i should go with a h2e? i would love like 550hp

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FML i want a new turbo like YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!:evil

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
For 550 I would go with a WOP GQSSB on the low end or a gt4294R on the top end.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
who is making the setup for the 42? BIGGER is always better :evil

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Empire has a very nice one. Dave of DI has something that allows for bolt in to the stock pedestal but I do not think its openly avaible quite yet. I honestly think the 4294 is about the ideal turbo for a street driven 7.3. Yu can tow it has enough air to get you to 600 if you have the fuel and bottom end for it. Spools fast lites fomr what I have seen lites 1800-1900 RPMs The GTX/R version if it lives up to the rep should lite sooner and have a larger map.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
do you have any experience with anything you talk about, or should we just limit taking your advice to "who's chip should i buy" threads:confused:. Its great if you can read a turbo map and everything, but if you dont have any real world experience with it what good is it? This is the main reason why i dont post much anymore, im about tired of the IDE's giving advice on stuff they have no experience with in the first place.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
550hp would probably be pushing that GQSSB to the outer edges of it's map. Not saying it couldn't support that kind of power, but it might be smokey and hot at that level. WOP has never compared it to the modded 66mm H2E either, but they should be pretty evenly matched, based off previous knowledge and experience of each turbo.

If you're shooting for 550+ the KASB would be a better option, much larger turbo, would be in a class with that gt4294. In my opinion though, for a daily driven truck that is capable of towing, 500hp to the ground is more than plenty.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts