Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sticks-250/200%
turbo-Gt4294

Will a .98 turbine housing be too small?

Also will this with the right supporting mods net me 600hp or a little less?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
im assuming that the .98 housing is from precision?

Im running one (6.4 so its a little different)

but from what i have been told a precision housing actually flows about what a 1.10 housing flows

I would run it, its enough air to support 650 or more

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woohoo! Just what I wanted to hear! I am getting it from someone on here and just wanted to make sure before I went ahead and bought it. Yes it is a precision.

I have a ton of parts in the mail fixin to go on. I have 910 springs, chromoly pushrods, and arp headstuds coming from swamps, a new compressor wheel from turbopt, a rebuild kit for it from dhgate.com, that housing from skav, complete mounting kit and srp1 hpop from irate diesel, and I still have to order my idm, tuning, and injectors from beans. Boy am I excited!!!!

One more quick question. If funds force me to wait a few weeks on injectors, can my stock ones spool it?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Wastegate/s??

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still haven't figured that one out yet. Any suggestions?

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Where would someone get that turbo from, brand new. And with that housing.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Woohoo! Just what I wanted to hear! I am getting it from someone on here and just wanted to make sure before I went ahead and bought it. Yes it is a precision.

I have a ton of parts in the mail fixin to go on. I have 910 springs, chromoly pushrods, and arp headstuds coming from swamps, a new compressor wheel from turbopt, a rebuild kit for it from dhgate.com, that housing from skav, complete mounting kit and srp1 hpop from irate diesel, and I still have to order my idm, tuning, and injectors from beans. Boy am I excited!!!!

One more quick question. If funds force me to wait a few weeks on injectors, can my stock ones spool it?
not sure if stock sticks will spool it.

As far as a wastegate goes i dont know if you will really need one. i dont need one unless i spray nitrous

With good tuning, big oil, if the injectors are still good.. it would be fair at best. All would depend on how much drive pressure he can build

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I run a large frame T6 type GT4202R w/ a .79 housing. Spool up is quite nice but it definitely isn't instant and I'm not overdriven. I hit about 65# psi drive pressures at around 52# psi boost which is pretty acceptable on a large single.

Clearly on my large frame turbo my .79 housing equates to something much larger on the midframe turbos.

Also, the turbo should spool at least as well on the stock injectors as the longer pw will actually create more drive pressure, not less. You are just giving up that extra 25# of boost up top.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
I run a large frame T6 type GT4202R w/ a .79 housing. Spool up is quite nice but it definitely isn't instant and I'm not overdriven. I hit about 65# psi drive pressures at around 52# psi boost which is pretty acceptable on a large single.

Clearly on my large frame turbo my .79 housing equates to something much larger on the midframe turbos.

Also, the turbo should spool at least as well on the stock injectors as the longer pw will actually create more drive pressure, not less. You are just giving up that extra 25# of boost up top.
More fuel being moved = more heat = higher drive pressure.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Have you ever tried it Dirk? Because I have.

I've personally installed stock AA's and AD's back into a fully built engine w/ a large turbocharger and witnessed how they run. They spool up the same or even better at times than big injectors. You just get less boost up top.

There is this misnomer out there that large injectors will spool a turbo better but it's just not true. Bigger injectors will get you more boost on top but assuming your big injectors are tuned right (not overly smoky down low) they will NOT spool up a turbo any quicker ime. The fact is that either injector can deliver enough fuel at low RPMs to spool a turbo and slower injectors (smaller nozzles) should create more drive pressure plus have better atomization down low.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts

I've personally installed stock AA's and AD's back into a fully built engine w/ a large turbocharger and witnessed how they run. They spool up the same or even better at times than big injectors. You just get less boost up top.

There is this misnomer out there that large injectors will spool a turbo better but it's just not true. Bigger injectors will get you more boost on top but assuming your big injectors are tuned right (not overly smoky down low) they will NOT spool up a turbo any quicker ime. The fact is that either injector can deliver enough fuel at low RPMs to spool a turbo and slower injectors (smaller nozzles) should create more drive pressure plus have better atomization down low.
Yes, I've done a few different configurations. I wasn't arguing your point, just basically putting it in a very simple term.

·
Registered
975 Posts

i've never experienced what suns is saying first hand but have heard it countless times... smaller injectors can spool the big turbos, just not all the way... i've always heard that when upgrading a truck, if you can't do injectors and turbo at the same time, then do turbo first... cause big injectors will destroy a small turbo but small injectors will work fine with a big turbo.. of course there's always a limit to how big is too big

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! Hopefully I can sell the stuff in my sig in a few days and I wont have to wait, but its nice o know I can if I need to.

I got my turbo off a junk detroit 60 semi motor. Cost me $350, new compressor wheel $195, housing $200, rebuild kit $38, and complete mount kit $1,100.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts