Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a tn BB turbo now but thinking of going to the 38r does anyone know if i will see any improvements and is the spool up any faster with the 38r. My mods in my sig are still the same except i have went back to stock sticks for now.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
I have run both. 38R does spool up a little quicker on the upside and it is louder on the downside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have run both. 38R does spool up a little quicker on the upside and it is louder on the downside.
Did you see any improvement in the 38r. witch one moved more air or more boost.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
H2E FTW.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Biggest place I noticed the difference was when spooling up to drag race. TN had kind of a step in it and the 38 does not have that.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
MrJohnWayne has a TNBB turbo on his ******* valdez. Running BI injectors, stealth pump that always leaked, and a DAC3 I bought him for his BDay..

Maxed out around 400hp. Stock fuel pump died on the way home from the dyno. ;)

His TN is still holding together. But, he grew tired of the leaky ass stealth dual pumps and he went back to the AD injectors and a single stock HPOP.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the BI injectors. They used to be blockboy's injectors. I'm rather scared to bring them home. Something about the "sins of the father...." keeps running through my head.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
:popcorn:

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
MrJohnWayne has a TNBB turbo on his ******* valdez. Running BI injectors, stealth pump that always leaked, and a DAC3 I bought him for his BDay..

Maxed out around 400hp. Stock fuel pump died on the way home from the dyno. ;)

His TN is still holding together. But, he grew tired of the leaky ass stealth dual pumps and he went back to the AD injectors and a single stock HPOP.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the BI injectors. They used to be blockboy's injectors. I'm rather scared to bring them home. Something about the "sins of the father...." keeps running through my head.
Now that's funny.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
yeah, but I'm being serious.

TN not surging? Yeah.. and the IC boots never blow off the IC pipes on my truck... :doh:
Either way. I laughed.

And the TN will surge. Hold it about 15-20 on a 6% grade and she'll start.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Even a modded 38r will surge given enough fuel. In my experience, the TN will surge quicker than the 38r.

On the flip side...

The TN turbine flange is badass. One of the BEST I've seen for the 38 series turbo. I have a couple just to keep for friends as needed. It is milled and ported with a larger outlet over the garrett flange. I believe I measured the outlet at 3.25in.. the standard stock outlet is around 2.75-2.82in

1 - 20 of 33 Posts