Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that are running a gt-42 what kind of mounting setup did you use. Would I have to make something myself or is there a kit out there for it to bolt right up? Also what kind of boost #'s would I expect to see with this.

·
Stupid Kid
383 Posts
The boost would depend on how much fuel you have. But that turbo may be a bit big for stock injectors. You may better off with the turbo you have now. If you do get bigger injectors and that turbo you will more than likley run into problems with your powedered metal rods.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yes you would have to get a mounting kit fabbed up similar to the hyper max kit but fitted for the GT42 r. I'm seeing about 50 psi with Beans hybrids and it spools great and I dropped about 200 to 250 degrees on EGT's.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Diesel Innovations sells a kit for it. I see about 55-60psi with it. Great turbo imo.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
I peg a 60 lb boost gauge. Stock injectors and that turbo are NO match, that turbo is way to big for them. Get more fuel and that turbo spools real nice and the top end is endless.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Do they run your no surge tuning?

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I just remembered about two years ago when I stated that a GT42R was capable of more power than any powerstroke had ever made I recieved nothing but steep criticism and bs from everyone.

It's now nice to see that Jason has proven that point for me.

Now we're all sitting around talking about running 42R's like it's common practice....

Funny how things work sometimes, lol.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I just remembered about two years ago when I stated that a GT42R was capable of more power than any powerstroke had ever made I recieved nothing but steep criticism and bs from everyone.

It's now nice to see that Jason has proven that point for me.

Now we're all sitting around talking about running 42R's like it's common practice....

Funny how things work sometimes, lol.
I ran a 42R over 3 years ago, Danny has had one for at least a year and half maybe 2. Yes they are expensive but well worth it.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Well then it must have been 4 years ago that I said it then.....cause you damn sure weren't on board with my way of thinking about the 42 at the time.

:poke:

lol

·
Registered
8,323 Posts

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
You must have been screwing with me when I initially suggested running a 42 then. Because you DEFINATELY weren't on board at the time.

:swordfight:

;)

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I'll just go waist my time on the TDS search engine and see if I can did up the thread. Should be under the name "Twinned444"

lol

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
try to google it instead, just a thought

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I realized that the archive bs is just that on TDS when a search for "Turbocharger" on ALL forums, ALL types, sort by any returned NADA.

The dang thing is just worthless. So I guess that makes it a nice fit for that site then.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Soon to find out how the GT-4294R/1.01 works with toned down 200cc splits. I'll need to change the converter for sure, 1700 rpms will not do it. This has been a ongoing project, finally on the home stretch.......................I hope.

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
That itty bitty turbo?? That aint no steeeenking turbo.
THIS is a turbo!
My next modification. ( just gotta figure out where to mount it.):rockwoot:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts