Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think hpop or IDM again.... 02' 7.3
I'm stuck about mile marker #28 east bound on I-80 with a trailer. Need off hwy....damn towing svc expired on 4-25. Doh!!!!!

Need to pull my truck sbout a mile off hwy...then trailer.
my company will send another driver to pick trailet up to deliver
Caleb 517-366-8442

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AAA wrecker driver towed me off hwy!!!
free of charge!!! Even offered to tow triple me and trailer up yo exit #101 from #28.

Now ditting in Kwik Trip fuel plaza

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bruce51 saved my azz....dropped off a hpop. I changed it in parking lot, fired right up.
PSN tules!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I told him that was a perfectly good hpop. Glad you got rolling again, I'm only about 15 miles from the 79-80 cross if your thru this way again and have troubles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know I am a little late on this and glad the OP got going again. I just wanted to know how old was the HPOP that went south?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I am a little late on this and glad the OP got going again. I just wanted to know how old was the HPOP that went south?
That pump had 5800a HARD miles in 7 days.
I've been able to push these pumps hard....as in steady 30-65%high duty cycles...pushing 4.2-4.6 ms pulse widths. Several changes have neen made...... i ran one pump 60-95% duty cycle for 30k miles.

I haven't been down to GA to have the failed pump torn down. But it's a possible a failed IPR Sent metal into pump. We tealized to late that the IPR got reinstalled..

I have real time data logging so we can see what is going on.

I haul new rv trailers. Most 10k-13,500 lbs

·
Registered
176 Posts
Now that's some serious driving!!!

I emailed you a few questions I had about the biz didn't want to derail your thread :)

That pump had 5800a HARD miles in 7 days.
I've been able to push these pumps hard....as in steady 30-65%high duty cycles...pushing 4.2-4.6 ms pulse widths. Several changes have neen made...... i ran one pump 60-95% duty cycle for 30k miles.

I haven't been down to GA to have the failed pump torn down. But it's a possible a failed IPR Sent metal into pump. We tealized to late that the IPR got reinstalled..

I have real time data logging so we can see what is going on.

I haul new rv trailers. Most 10k-13,500 lbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts