Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
well an easy fix would be get some matte black spray paint meant for plastic, remove the black piece from the metal bumper and spray it with a couple coats. makes it look new(er) again. hides the scratches.

·
Registered
406 Posts
buy a new one

·
Registered
406 Posts
then mindnight auto one haha nothing is cheap for these trucks

·
Registered
65 Posts
You kinda did what I was going to suggest. Sand it down, put some heat to it to smooth it out. I would then go buy some black plastidip and spray it. If you don't like it just peel it off. Stuff is awesome.

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
No need to sand, no need to spend $300. Go to your local hard ware store, pick up a
$5.86 can of Rustolem Trim and Bumper Paint

This product is the best stuff for renewal i have ever used. It's amazing. 2 cans did my ALL my black trim, my rockers, my hitch, my drive shafts, both my axles. Again. I LOVE this stuff. Just clean off the trim, wipe it down good with some mineral spirits and paint away! Good luck. Please post pictures when you are done with whatever you choose to do!

·
Registered
166 Posts
diesel dumper did you do this to the plastics? such as the cheap ole plastic step rails and plastic bumper pieces? i am curious if so how did it turn out and if you have a pic to share?

·
157 Posts
Yes I did this to my plastics, look at my avatar picture, the trim is not wet at all, that's strictly the paint I used.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's sweet!! I think I'm gonna go do mine today! How do you have yr dog lights mounted?

·
157 Posts
They came with mounting brackets, I measured and lined them up and went ahead and drilled the 13mm hole that was required, and wrenched them down, drilled one small hole behind each light to run wires and ran my lines. Simple as that. I'm currently working on a bumper for mine which will have a light bar bent from steel pipe on which I will mount 2'of the four, 4" lights in the middle, with 6" lights on the putter edge and than 2, 4" fogs in the bumper along with an amber round LED next to each for a turn signal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks good man!! I bought some the bumper paint gonna try see if I can do my front bottom bumper that's oxidized plastic and probably my plastic step rails...

·
157 Posts
Good luck, please post pics on this forum when done. Read and do exactly what it says on the can, that worked the best for me, I tried many methods before I painted and the can doesn't lie. Don't bother with primer, I only used primer on my rockers by I had a different reason for that. Good luck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't mean to sound stupid but rockers? And I took my factory step rails off to clean them and paint them and now I have them off I don't wanna put them back on.... Lol..

·
Registered
166 Posts
I did my factory plastic step rails and they turned out great when I figure out how to post pic on here I will... My question is were does the bottom plastic piece unbolt that's under the bumper? I want to do it next and my side mirrors but I want to take them off to do them....

·
157 Posts
Don't bother taking out the trim piece, it is harder than hell to put back on. Trust me, I replaced on on my old F-350. Just tape off the bumper and spray it. As for the mirrors, just take off your door panel (There is a bolt under the lock and unlock button panel and there is one behind your reflector/door light) Just take those out, unplug all your connectors and lift up and out to take the panel off. Than take off the mirror bolt cover that was above all your door lock and window switches. Pull that panel off. Take out the bolts behind that trim, take off the plugs and make sure you have the mirror in your hand on the other side and there you have it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Shoot the mirrors sound like it be easier to pull it in the garage tape and mask everything off and paint...

·
157 Posts
Exactly what I did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts