Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2009 F250 about 2-3 weeks ago. Been very happy except it got thrown into limp mode for about half a day until i drove it around and never threw an engine code. I had the code removed and then haven't had any issues since then. In fact, the truck seems to be driving better now that i cleared the non existing code.

Anyway, it is a black 2009 F 250 with pretty much every option minus the nav and the moon roof. I will upload pictures once I get home and get to my own computer instead of my work computer.

I am wanting to get rid of the DPF and the EGR. However I don't want to spend too much money right off of the bat.

Is there a way to just turn off the DPF and block off the EGR(which seems to be the cheapest of the mods)?

I guess to address the question properly, is there a way to just block the EGR, keep the stock exhaust, but remove the DPF tune that comes from the factory?

Will I still see the same benefit?

Will I NEED to remove the stock exhaust in order to completely eliminate the potential for failure?

What kind of benefits come from removing the DPF and blocking off the EGR?

What if I don't decide to do the DPF but just want to do the EGR, do I still need a tune for JUST the EGR?

I was talking to a guy that had a 6.0 and he said he didn't have to do a tune to remove his DPF?

I'm completely new to diesels so I'm a bit lost as to what to do.

I do not want to black smoke, but I do want the added bonus of having a loud exhaust.

I come from having a 2014 Camaro SS with long tube headers and straight pipe exhaust, so loud runs in my blood.

However, I have always hated coal rollers, so I want to do that as MINIMAL as POSSIBLE.

Edit: Would there be any benefit of doing an exhaust from the DPF back?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts