Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of " green oil "? I'm buying the oil to change while doing the injectors and engine detailing and am trying to figure out what's best. I'm either doing

Royal purple 15w40 synthetic
Green oil 15w40 synthetic
Valvoline prium blue 15w40 synthetic

What is your advice, what are your opinions?
2000 f350
Stage 1's
Ww
Ccv
Idm
Php tunes

Chad

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
if it was me i would do Valvoline prium blue 5w40 synthetic
or amsoil 5w40

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Tonka: not to correct you, but Valvolines 15W-40 is not synthetic... Only their 5W-40 which is a great oil...

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
from what i have read royal purple is not the direction you want to go in your engine, I have read that i can/will cause injector issues but thats just hear say.... I would def do some research before dumping that in there for sure

I run ams-oil 10w40 and my engine/injectors absolutely love it!

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Schaeffer's Series 7000 15W-40 is what I run also. Excellent UOA results. Schaeffer's oil is tinted green, but I haven't heard of a brand called "green oil".

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
can you run 5/40 oil in the 7.3's?

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Absolutely - lots of folks do. Some just during the winter months for the better cold start performance and some year round.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am now running valvoline premium blue fully synthetic 5w40 in mine and I can tell a HUGE difference, it's only about 20 bucks more per oil change as well.

Chad

·
Registered
430 Posts
Tesco Drilling has all their own oil made for them. the 15w40 diesel oil is green..... I'll take a picture and show you next time I'm working on one of their rigs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts