Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I recieved my Stacks from Black Cloud.....Im doing the install, but the kit came with 2 L-bracket pieces with a bolt and a nut throught them. What are they for.....Pics below???

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you elaborate more please.........Im slow

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks like the L bracket bolts to the bed rail... horizontally, with the tab hanging inside the bed, so as to clamp the stack to the tab...stabilizing it.

And the bolt is offset, so it doesnt rub against the stack..

Make sense?

Now, for my question, how come all the "Y" pipes are in the bed, instead of below it? I sure as hell wouldnt want that visible...but, thats just me..

Chase

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Looks like the L bracket bolts to the bed rail... horizontally, with the tab hanging inside the bed, so as to clamp the stack to the tab...stabilizing it.

And the bolt is offset, so it doesnt rub against the stack..

Make sense?

Now, for my question, how come all the "Y" pipes are in the bed, instead of below it? I sure as hell wouldnt want that visible...but, thats just me..

Chase
Because you run into clearence issues with either your fuel tank or drive shaft. I like it in the bed better, alot more room underneith.

You run the bracket in a upside down L & clamp it.

Diesel Man PM me your Email, I'll send you some good install pics.

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
because there are "clearance issues" with under bed units.
You can get a really nice diamond plate cover to go over it. It looks almost like a toolbox.

~Jim

ON EDIT: I guess Cat beat me to it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts