Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright the time has come to start a log on my truck.

A little back story, I have owned this truck for a few years now and I am currently the second owner. I will say the OG owner did keep this thing in great shape before I got it. Little cosmetics but cannot complain for a 24 year old truck, specially when I'm only a year older then it and I feel more beat up then this truck looks.

Truck Info:
Year: 1997
Engine: 7.3 liter Diesel Powerstroke
Model: F350 XLT Crew Cab Long Bed

Miles: 244,xxx

When I got the truck it came with a stack of service records from Ford, owners manual ect. So at that point in time it was great knowing this thing was maintained correctly. Since I do not drive this truck everyday the list of mods, fixes, or maintenance I have done have been to a minimal. This list includes,

S&B Cold Air with stock scoop
CNC Fab HPOP Lines w/ crossover
Fuel bowl reseal
Lift pump
Fuel Dampener
Turbo Rebuild
Fuel lines from bowl to head
Belt tensioner
Gates Belt
Oil + Filter
Radiator Flush
Tranny Flush
Gear oil
Transfer case fluid change
Gauges and gauge pod (tranny temp, boost, EGT)
Kicker KS Series 6.5" in front doors
Kicker KS Series 6x8" in rear cab
Pioneer Deck
dome, map, door, hvac, glove box, and instrument cluster bulbs LED

At this point in time I am happy with the truck, drive it around town and feels great! I do have future plans for this truck. Most of these plans have come from reading this forum and gathering other information throughout the web. Any feedback or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated on what I should look into and or change for the future. The list of upcoming ideas are,

Need one new cab bushing in the rear before any of this, so that is next.. tired of body sag on passenger rear.

Sky Reverse shackle kit with SD Springs
Sky Rear shackle kit
BD Power accumulator
4" Exhaust no cat with muffler, with 3" DP
Billet Turbo Wheel
1023 Tunes with Hydra
Rosewood Diesel Injectors (160/0 or 180/30)
EBPV Delete with sensor to get rid of CEL
Intercooler
Tru Cool transmission cooler mounted in bumper
Efuel kit
38 gallon rear tank
Sam wise transmission with torque converter
Deep tranny Pan
Diesel site Coolant filter
Diesel site Remote tranny filter
Water meth injection
New Tint (try to match factory rears)

Eventually repainted and body work.

With all that being said this is my baby and my dream truck, so not in a rush to get it all done at once specially since this is a hefty list. All will get done with time, I plan on keeping this truck till the day I die. I keep the truck covered 24/7 unless I take it out to drive, always stays waxed and clean since I treat vehicles as an investment more then anything.

Well here is the photo dump of photos I have so far.
48CAF1FA-FF14-423D-925F-440C1F00A8C4.jpeg E577CFA2-2970-42C4-B4A1-0547ABFE2DA8.jpeg D7C076A4-2D68-4DE0-B954-9286C1370A64.jpeg 5C3AB22F-6B0F-4322-A752-290A20FFE07D.jpeg E1BE2303-3254-4EB5-9376-FAF26BD3261E.jpeg 8A48047A-35C5-435D-8B72-AB0A4C283D2D.jpeg 786C942C-9D32-4607-9E9D-00F1FE566FCC.jpeg A7688DAB-B16B-48F4-AC92-04CAFA9AAC4E.jpeg 5ED57AFF-7BA0-4603-A414-ECEEE0DA230D.jpeg 8DD5345C-3FBC-47E8-BBA1-6D0005087BD7.jpeg

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Wow CA... I didn't realized that your truck so soooo clean! Nice find.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow CA... I didn't realized that your truck so soooo clean! Nice find.
Thank you! yea I try to keep it as spotless as possible, I just had OBS Interiors redo all my door panels, dash pad, and dash. I opted to get their ashtray delete kit/media hub and use it to mount my hyrda ect when i get it. Luckly my interior was more faded then anything, no cracks ect so he was able to lay new viynl down on all the doors and dash pad, and recolor the panels. Its like having a new truck again!

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

haven't done much to my truck besides a wash in wax since my last post, saving money for my wedding as well as saving to buy parts in the list mentioned above. Though I didn't do anything to my truck recently, I did just install a 3" downpipe and a 4" catless/no muffler exhaust on my friends 97 f250 7.3. hearing his made me confirm even more that I want to keep a muffler on my truck. Another thing my fiancé and I got the pleasure of doing on Friday was replacing her windshield... 750$ later. Got to love rocks, and got to love how these new windows have all the sensors put in them that drive up the price.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
You might want to inquire about zero, or low, deductible window replacement with your insurance company. i changed mine to zero deductible (just for windows) and it raised the price about $50 per year. I've since replaced the windshield and a rear door main window, so it has more than been worth it.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might want to inquire about zero, or low, deductible window replacement with your insurance company. i changed mine to zero deductible (just for windows) and it raised the price about $50 per year. I've since replaced the windshield and a rear door main window, so it has more than been worth it.
Yea my fiancé isn’t on my insurance yet. We have switched her stuff around so glass replacement is cheaper now, as for mine my glass ect is only around 100$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts