Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the WOP GQSSB and Carson Stauffer's ceramic coated T4i kit installed. All I can say is wow. Finished up the install last night and everything fit perfect. Now since I am still running stock injectors I expected turbo lag. The lag isn't really a issue, it also helps that I have a 6 speed but a auto I wouldn't think would have a problem either . Driving 65mph in my hot tune I get about 1-2 psi with the EGT's about 575*.

I got on it a little bit last night and let me tell you it was a blast. The turbo lights about 8 psi and when it does you better hold on.
I got the tires to spin in 2nd and 3rd gear. When the turbo lights very quick. I need a new boost gauge that goes past 30 psi. EGT's are not a issue either. I think I was at 1050* @ 30psi. I will get some videos tonight.

Here's a couple pictures next to a stock SD turbo with ATS housing

GQSSB and Carson's T4i Kit

New parts make my engine bay look like chit!:doh:
More to come.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
What is the color of you intercooler pipes???? Copper??? I like the color..
Looks like a nice kit...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Wow that looks great. That was one of the turbos I was looking at. Still trying to decide between another. Everything in the pics is what was in the kit? Do you mind me asking what the turbo and kit cost? PM me with that.

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the color of you intercooler pipes???? Copper??? I like the color..
Looks like a nice kit...
Yea its copper. I didn't think I would like it but it looks good in the truck. Kindda hard to pic colors that go with the color of my truck, "island blue."

Jacob @ WOP and Carson @ Carson Stauffer's diesel have outstanding customer service. The quality of the products from both places is unreal.

Heres a link to Wide Open Performance WOP GQSSB Turbo

Heres a link to Carson Stauffer Diesel

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
that is one sweet color... were did you find the paint??? is it heat rated???
Thanks

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
That looks awesome man. Now time for some fuel

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks awesome man. Now time for some fuel
Tell me about it. Funds got cut short when my fridge went out and my car broke down and I have a trip comming up, dam priorities :doh: Cass has my 250/100's on the shelf ready to go...... :evil

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Turbo install looks nice, glad that all went together easy for you. Believe you're the first out there running that turbo with stock injectors and a manual trans. Good to hear it's working okay for you. Let us know how it does once the hybrids are installed. Should make for a nice daily driver and towing rig...

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is in my hottest setting from 0mph to 90mph. Keep in mind this is tuned for a stock turbo and I still have stock injectors.
Its 35* out on a flat stretch of road and I still have a winter cover on the front of my grill.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Looking good... Its kind of hard to read the boost gauge... It looks like you are hitting 30PSI

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Are Carsons one of the few that makes those kits or are they the only one that make them? That seems to be a clean looking kit. I haven't seen any other so I cant compare.

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. Really happy with the turn out. This turbo is pretty quiet compared to my stocker/ATS hosing. The stocker got really annoying on long trips around the 12 psi range. The GQSSB is quiet all the way up to about 22 psi, then is starts to whistle a bit but nothing loud.
Yea the gauge is hard to read. I didn't know when I bought the gauge but it has Vac to the left and Boost to the right. I was hitting about 30PSI. It works but I am getting a new boost gauge soon.
Sent you a PM Homesteader

·
Registered
698 Posts
That is a great looking set up. I am jealous as hell!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Where did you get the turbine housing heat wrap?
I've seen them advertised for a T4 turbo but always wondered how they would fit on the tall scroll of a T4i housing.

Did you have any other turbo mods to the stock turbo except for the ATS housing?
What is the spoolup like when slowly rolling into the throttle (not jumping on it) at about 1500 RPM to get up to highway speeds as compared to the stocker?

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
This is in my hottest setting from 0mph to 90mph. Keep in mind this is tuned for a stock turbo and I still have stock injectors.
Its 35* out on a flat stretch of road and I still have a winter cover on the front of my grill.
Watching that video, according to the EGT gauge, your 'Hot' tune just turned into a 'Tow' tune :evil

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Glad that this works well with stock injectors. This makes me want to buy on right now:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts