Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title pretty much says it, my stancor went titsup recently and i wana replace it with something better if there is anything, i saw somewhere about an even better stancor or similar relay but cant seem to find it anywhere... any ideas or options? thanks guys

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the 903 is the one i have now... it did last two years but then again the truck probably only ran 8 months of those 2 years so i dont know if im happy with it or not lol

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I am running a western snow plow relay. They are much cheeper and it has been working really well.
Same here. Heard about it from you as a matter of fact.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
In the meantime while your GPR is out the relay in front of that is your Air intake heater relay, you can run a jumper wire to that hot pole and power up your glowplugs till you get the replacement in there. Some guys just run there gp's from there indefinetly and even wire in a push button switch to manualy fire your GP'S, your call.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the meantime while your GPR is out the relay in front of that is your Air intake heater relay, you can run a jumper wire to that hot pole and power up your glowplugs till you get the replacement in there. Some guys just run there gp's from there indefinetly and even wire in a push button switch to manualy fire your GP'S, your call.
My truck doesnt have the AIH relay or AIH so thats a no go..... and if you run the glow plugs like that they will burn up fast they cycle on and off in short bursts when controlled by the pcm and if just turned on they will not be happy.... but thanks for the thoughts

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
My truck doesnt have the AIH relay or AIH so thats a no go..... and if you run the glow plugs like that they will burn up fast they cycle on and off in short bursts when controlled by the pcm and if just turned on they will not be happy.... but thanks for the thoughts
I'm not sure I agree with that.
The glow plugs run for two minutes after start up for smoke control, so running them intermittently is a non-issue..

the AIH runs under a specific set of conditions, so it turning on is not likely..

what I think he was talking about, is using a jumper wires to task the AIH relay as the GPR in a pinch.

I never thought about doing that, I just always got another GPR when mine failed, as they have been known to do..
or, just jumpercabled the glowplugs right from the battery to get it to start when I needed to and replaced the GPR ASAP...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am using the Western Plow one as well. Not a straight bolt on but it is in place and seems to be working. I only put it on last spring and the truck is parked over the winter so the jury is still out on how long they last. That being said, the OEM one was in there for 9 years with the truck being parked for 6 winters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts