Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what I get to do tomorrow!

Here are just a few others since I had the camera out.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
looks like fun! how the weather been up in bellfont? we have a cabin just north of of you

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like fun! how the weather been up in bellfont? we have a cabin just north of of you
Not the best actually. It just got warm and sunny at the end of this week. Finally able to get some beans in the ground yesterday and today and we're starting corn tomorrow. Where is your cabin at?

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Corn is just emerging around here. Planted about 14-18 days ago.
Can't say many ppl are that lucky around here! Actually unfortunate would be more like it we had a frost last sunday morning. Are you not a john deere guy? I'm all for the international engines in ford trucks obviously but when it comes to the tractors I run Nothin Run's Like A Deere! LOL

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Very nice Deeres! :bowfast:

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Can't say many ppl are that lucky around here! Actually unfortunate would be more like it we had a frost last sunday morning. Are you not a john deere guy? I'm all for the international engines in ford trucks obviously but when it comes to the tractors I run Nothin Run's Like A Deere! LOL
I don't have a lot of time in the new tractors of any color, but I like the controls and feel of the IH machines better, at least the Magnums. Cabs are bigger than deere's too.

First time I saw a Pro600, I had it pretty much figured it out in the first few minutes. Pretty easy.
Deere's color touch screen on the other hand, I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out find any maps or guidance. Never did find them.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks dixieland!

And cowboy dan I'm with ya on the new stuff they ain't worth a bag of hammers in my book. Mostly I don't like them cuz ya can't work on them yourself if ya need to, too many electronics for me. John Deere never did have very obvious electronics either. The monitor that came with that 7200 Conservation in the picture took me a day to figure out. there's something new wrong with the electric over hydraulic every spring too.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man ill trade you my 2010 350 for the 4960 and the 4020... i miss mine bad!
Haha I would miss them too! Of course that's an enticing offer cuz I would love to have a 6.4 myself!:ford:

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welp the planters all put away I'll have to wait until next year to get her out agian. But hay season is upon us :evil

·
Registered
844 Posts
haha yea i love older machines but we really need new machines cuz we got 3500 acres the new technology in these things are nice but sometimes like when it doesnt work its a real pain lol and Case IH all the way!! Been baling hay here for 2 weeks now they are calling for rain.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Damn are you really just starting to plant corn? We have corn around here already head high! We are getting ready to start putting out Nitrogen on our cotton next week... or do you have some early/late variety?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Real nice tractors. You guys a fan of the dual wheels? We gota 4320 with duals on it. Leaves no tracks. i just planted 100 acres on beans and they are duds! same with the farm next store, go southern states :lame:

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Our corn is about 6'' high. Just got done with first cut of hay last weekend. We chopped about 250-300 acres of haylage. I still got about 30acres of beans to get in, but the rain is kinda slowing me up right now.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
whats up with all the green?! your avatar is IH! are you confused?LOL JK man looks good. but really..deere? lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts