Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Christmas, I bought an EXTANG Full Tilt tonneau for my '11 Super Duty, 8' bed.
I use my goose neck, and have hooked my 5th wheel quite a few times since I put it on. It requires an Allen wrench to remove the end bar, and after a dozen or so removals and replacements, and only 8 months. I went to use the strap to close my tonneau (From the tilt position) and the end bar broke off,,, :eek::doh:
I looked, and the corner pieces were cracked off where they insert into the side rails. I called "Extang factory outlet" (When I purchased, I thought I was buying straight from the company,, turns out that is a spin off of truckaddons.com) They were not helpful in the least, told me to call Extang, so I did, Extang asked me to try to get the place I purchased it from to handle it, and said they would work with them after I got the exchange. Well, truckaddons was worthless, pretty much jerked me around for a couple weeks before I called EXTANG again, they immediately offered to send the parts that were broke of course. Christine worked with me and treated me great. I explained that I felt maybe the Full Tilt wouldn't be the best application for my use, that I had to remove the end bar several times more than some people may. I thought maybe my multiple removals could have contributed to the failure, and didn't want it to happen again. If I had known before how it was assembled, I would likely not have purchased that, (even though I LOVED the tilt feature) After looking at their products, I felt the Express would be a much better fit for my use. She pleasantly offered to exchange the full tilt for the express! (They did request pictures of the damaged parts first, which I gave them) Anyway, I now have the Express on my truck, it rolls up, and the end bar, and all cross bars stay with the tonneau as it rolls up! Velcros down the side. Looks great and is very easy to roll up and back out. HIGHLY recommended! I'd say just don't buy from Extang factory outlet, or truck add ons .com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts