Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few weeks ago my dads car was broken into over at the hobby airport in houston, tx. amoung the items stolen out of the car were; 1 .38 cal. 5 shot S&W SS air weight revolver ( mine), 1 100 dollar radar detector, 1 400 dollar GPS, and 3 ipods ( one of which was mine) none of these items were left out in the open, this was one of 6 cars at the parking place that was broken into in one night. today we got this letter in the mail today. it is from PRE-FLIGHT Airport Parking.

Feburary 9, 2010

RE: PreFlight Houston Hobby

Dear Mr. go F*&k yourself,

Thank you for informing us of an unfortunate incident that occured on 2-01-2010 regarding your vehicle while it was parked at our parking facility.

We regret the damage to your car. Unfortunately, because this is a "self-park" facility, the garage operator's insurance will not honor claims of this nature, since the operator does not assume custody or control of your car, and thus, is not legally responsible for the damage caused by the acts of outside parties, which our operators cannot control.

the best recourse in cases such as this is through your own automobile/ homeowners insurance. we regret your inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

sincerely,

John walsh
Market Officer.

after everything that happened, we get this crap, word to the wise NEVER USE this piece of $h!t company.just another reason to hate airports.

Rant off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
mmmkaaaayyyy... Hey its Houston, economy sucks, dont leave crap in your car like uhh (call me silly here) GUNS when your leaving your car for an extended period of time you frickin MORONS... And people wonder how criminals get guns??!!...Good grief.. Oh and to top it off, you want the lot owner to run to your house begging you to let him replace all your stolen crap.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
mmmkaaaayyyy... Hey its Houston, economy sucks, dont leave crap in your car like uhh (call me silly here) GUNS when your leaving your car for an extended period of time you frickin MORONS... And people wonder how criminals get guns??!!...Good grief.. Oh and to top it off, you want the lot owner to run to your house begging you to let him replace all your stolen crap.
I was trying to be nice :poke::poke::poke::poke:

Yes, guns should be stored in secured (i.e. bolted down or cable lock secured devices) when left in vehicles and in safes when left in your home.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I agree why would you leave anything in a vehicle in an airport parking lot weather it was secure or not. You are just asking for problems. Also there is usually a sign at the gate that usually states that the property owner is not responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I agree with Diesellee, if you are going to be parking your car anywhere while your out of town clean it out first. Or better yet get a ride to or from the air port if you can.

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
They are not even responsible for external damage to your car. I bet there are signs everywhere stating the fact. Unfortunately IT IS your own fault for leaving items like that in a car. I would not consider leaving a hand gun in a vehicle for a half hour, why would you leave it in a car in long term parking? I remove EVERYTHING before I park a car at the airport and leave it unlocked. If they are there to steal the car, a locked door means nothing. But kids looking for a quick buck will bust a lock or a window just to check. If it's unlocked they look and move on, no damage and no issues. And save the "I should be able to leave anything in my car" speech because those days are as long gone as quarter a gallon gasoline.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I want to apologize if that came off kinda sharp.. cool?
Sorry your stuff got stole though its a sick feeling.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
a few weeks ago my dads car was broken into over at the hobby airport in houston, tx. amoung the items stolen out of the car were; 1 .38 cal. 5 shot S&W SS air weight revolver ( mine), 1 100 dollar radar detector, 1 400 dollar GPS, and 3 ipods ( one of which was mine) none of these items were left out in the open, this was one of 6 cars at the parking place that was broken into in one night. today we got this letter in the mail today. it is from PRE-FLIGHT Airport Parking.

Feburary 9, 2010

RE: PreFlight Houston Hobby

Dear Mr. go F*&k yourself,

Thank you for informing us of an unfortunate incident that occured on 2-01-2010 regarding your vehicle while it was parked at our parking facility.

We regret the damage to your car. Unfortunately, because this is a "self-park" facility, the garage operator's insurance will not honor claims of this nature, since the operator does not assume custody or control of your car, and thus, is not legally responsible for the damage caused by the acts of outside parties, which our operators cannot control.

the best recourse in cases such as this is through your own automobile/ homeowners insurance. we regret your inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

sincerely,

John walsh
Market Officer.

after everything that happened, we get this crap, word to the wise NEVER USE this piece of !t company.just another reason to hate airports.

Rant off.

They claim they don't have custody or control of your vehicle, but watch what happens if you leave without paying.
If they don't have custody or control of it, it was no different than it being parked in a driveway or at the side of the street. Since you paid for the service of parking your truck, it was implied that you gave them custody.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I agree with most here. Sorry that you got broken into, but confused as to why you left anything in your vehicle at airport parking, long term or short term.

I learned the hard way too. Went to the store was in there 20 minutes max. Whoever it was took everything that was not attached, i-pod, GPS, back up camera monitor, tools, duffle bag with some clothes, and I needed a new lock.

I bought a vault. I like these guys but there are others. https://www.consolevault.com/products/?Vehicle=29

As to leaving a weapon in your vehicle, not smart, either it's on your person or it should be locked up at home. The safest place for it and you is at your side.

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the condolences, and yes, it was an extreme dumbass move on both myself and my dads part ( him for leaving it, and everything else, in the trunk, and me for leaving it in his care in the first place :doh:) but cowboy dan nailed it on what exactly i was trying to say.

and yeah, next time i'm driving his ass to the airport, even if i miss work to do so.

sad thing is the bastard ( aka "operator") who runs the place manage to catch the crime(s) on tape, the guy managed to hit six vehicles total in one sitting, i'm just wondering where their so called "security guards" were. anyway, i'm still kinda amazed that someone would even bother to break into a volkswagon beetle in the first place.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
I have, and would suggest a Biometric safe.

Mines mounted under the driver's seat, no key to use. I reach down, it reads my fingerprint and voila, opens. If I can get a picture of it I will.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts