Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When she said she wanted another truck (we sold her '04 F150 a few years back), I was dead-set on finding her a nice OBS Powerstroke. At first, all she wanted to consider was another F150...then she started looking at super-dooties, then finally, after seeing their engine compartments (tight) and their rust issues (not to mention all the issues with 6 litres), she started looking for an OBS. :)

Since I finally got her looking at proper trucks, I wanted to find her a clean one. After searching for quite a while, I came across one last Friday that was perfect. F350 with 140,000mi, crew cab, XLT, rebuilt and updated auto tranny, hypermax I/C, downpipe, mild chip, etc, etc. Second owner truck and very well taken care of by both of them.

Whatcha think? :D

-Phillip

·
Registered
592 Posts
If it were mine id remove those running board lower valence combo, get matching rear window visors, and get clear headlights. Then it woul look great

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
good find.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
Other than the ruining boards/flares and bumper valance :rockwoot:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, funny you guys don't like all the "accessories". They were just starting to grow on me. ;) I'm with you on the window visors and headlights though. :)

-Phillip

·
Registered
592 Posts
The valence almost looks like it's trying to be a second bumper

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The valence almost looks like it's trying to be a second bumper

Everyone likes a nice front bumper. This truck has two! :)

-Phillip

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I honestly don't mind the steps and flares. However it looks like someone pulled that valence off a Mitsubishi Eclipse or something and rigged it on to a truck.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly don't mind the steps and flares. However it looks like someone pulled that valence off a Mitsubishi Eclipse or something and rigged it on to a truck.
Haha...it does look eclipse-ish. LOL

-Phillip

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm about 6'4" and without those running boards, I'd still be wearing out the side of the seat from sliding in and out. ;)

Wife is 5'10"...but probably too light to worry about the above issue.

-Phillip

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
IM 6'4" and use my running boards. im actually getting the newer style that don't hold all the junk on them in the winter. only issue is im tired of my leg rubbing them and getting dirty in the winter too.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Those steps look weak. I'd sell 'em and get some more conventional steps, or the old-school aluminum running boards you can tie to the frame.

SUPER clean truck, and a sharp two-tone combo to boot. But sorry, no truck with an automatic transmission is "perfect". That'd be the first thing I'd want to remedy.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I like the looks of it, appears to be pretty straight, hard to find these days...........Also red and white is hard to beat. That's cool that your wife will drive that. Mine hates driving my truck. She likes her tdi jetta though...............at least it's a diesel.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the looks of it, appears to be pretty straight, hard to find these days...........Also red and white is hard to beat. That's cool that your wife will drive that. Mine hates driving my truck. She likes her tdi jetta though...............at least it's a diesel.
She was pretty concerned about the whole length thing. For a while, I was strictly looking at CCSB trucks just because she DID NOT want a long bed. She got over it though. :)

-Phillip

·
Registered
965 Posts
Looks good! I'd leave the valance and boards on for a while, it sets it apart from the others. I prefer the stainless window vents as they fit more factory like rather than glued on the outside, the only change I would make.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts