Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally made it back from Austin TX with my new truck, we made the trip in 10.5 hours each way so not to bad of time. The truck runs and drives perfect. I'm used to the e99 so all the nice amenaties and quiet inside the cab were a good change. I was supprised I could even talk on the phone while driving down the road. Anyway the truck is a 07 F350 4x4 CCLB SRW auto the truck is completely bone stock. Its a dark charcoal grey with tan and black interior. I averaged 20.72mpg (hand calculated) on the trip back running around 75-80 mph, the power on the 6.0 was good lot more than my e99. Hoping it will be problem free for awhile. I am planning a EGR delete asap.

Its been a long trip going to bed, I will try to get picks up tomorrow.

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
How in the heck did you get that kind of milage at bone stock. Thats crazy. Cant wait to see it man.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea, I about craped myself when I calculated it so I had a buddy do it and he came up with the same amount. I will see what it does when its not rolling down the highway with the cruise set for the whole time I am expecting around 17. If I can get pics to load I have some.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Any pics yet??

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive got pics on my photobucket account but cant get them to upload how do I do more than one pic at a time?

·
d-man
200 Posts
hold command down and select all the photos you want, or select the first photo, then hold down shift and select the last one you want to upload and it will select them all for you

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/IMG]

[/IMG]don't know if that worked or not

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
link no worky

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]don't know if that worked or not
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And yes that is an Aztek in my driveway, my wife loves the vehicle and its her second, I totaled the first one. I hate it but I don't have to drive it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
How in the heck did you get that kind of milage at bone stock. Thats crazy. Cant wait to see it man.
My step dad gets 21 all day on the freeway at 70. Just hit the cruise and start logging miles.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm hoping my control of the skinny pedal has a lot to do with it. I am not in a hurry to get anywhere, I don't like going over 2k rpm's did that with my e99 and it got great mileage as well.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,329 Posts
Very nice truck. You will enjoy it I am sure! Be sure to keep up w/ all the maintenance - you will be "rewarded"!

I have made essentially the same drive you did a few times. The wind is with you most of the time on that drive. It will help you some. My experience is that 20 mpg is extremely common in a "no wind" situation. When the wind is over 10 mph in your face, you will definitely notice the drop in fuel economy. A 30 mph wind can drop it by 4 mpg or more at highway speeds.

The fuel economy on these trucks can be fantastic - especially for all the power you have!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts