Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got everything put together and made my first hook with this setup this weekend.
I bought the cooler from a local diesel performance shop (gilmore performance) then basicly made everything else.
I am useing a 20gal poly water tank that came with out any holes and I installed the fittings and pump where I wanted them. the pump is a rule 1000gph pump and I ran 1 in lines to the cooler

here is a video of the forst hook with this setup
I came in 4th out of 14 trucks in 3 wheel drive:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
359 Posts
that looks pretty sweet 4wd prob would have done a lil better ha! nice pull man

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nice pull! I didn't realize you're still on a stock bottom end too!

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Are you using iced salt water?

Sam

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, the truck dose seem to run stronger with the new cooler, but I'll know for sure after I get some more hooks on it.
before that pull I put about 10 gal of water in and 40lbs of ice with no salt. I'll probably buy 60lbs of ice before the next pull

·
Inmate #1
418 Posts
Dam you Ross, now you got me wanting water to air. By the way, the piping under the hood looks great man. I keep forgetting to get you my air shut off pics. I'll see if I can't get a pic in the morning. But it's lookin' good man. Did you remove your mud flap weights?

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL I promis I'll get the mud flaps off before my next hook just for you cody;)

I would still like to see those pictures I am running an electric kill switch right now but Its not an ideal setup

thanks for the complements!

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
That looks nice, you sure got some FUEL......... um, praying for that engine. I hate to insult you, but is that the only color paint you had for the pipes?

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL
I had to stick to my pontiac roots. that is pontiac metalic blue

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey the pipes look sweet and the truck just continues to get better each time i see the videos, good luck and keep up the good work!

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Regular salt. Salt isnt corrosive to aluminum like it is to steel :D
You must not have seen my polished aluminum IC pipes after this past winter, they are now white instead of polished. :mad: They now need re-polished, and then clearcoated.

Dave

1 - 20 of 56 Posts