Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, well i got a 2005 f250 6.0 4x4 4dr lariat. Bought it back in april but then deployed in May so i didnt really get to spend to much time with her. Although i have been buying a few things for her so when i get back. So far i got the SF3 tuner(which i got a week after i got the truck) got a 5in straight pipe turbo back exhaust, an airaid intake system and thats about it performance wise. I really want to get ARP headstuds but damn! Local shop back in FL where im from quoted me 3500! I just dont have that kinda Benny Franks to shell out like that. Wanted to say whats up to everyone on here, been cruising this site for a while but just registered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really do like it, really easy.... I am always on the performance mode, im curious if i can get some custom tunes on it. Also i got the diamond exhaust with a 6in MBRP tip. Thanks for the welcome.

I was kinda wondering what everyone thought of my setup and curious if yall thought i was walking on thin ice without having the studs?

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Welcome to both of yall...its good you went with the SCT but I would reccommend losing those canned tunes ASAP! go through one of the vendors on here (GoGo, Innovative, Gearhead, etc) and get some custom tunes, youll like them a hell of a lot better and your truck will thank you for them too!

Youre setup is good, didnt really need the intake but a lot of guys get them...as far as studs go if 3500 was labor only youre gettin raped but if parts are included its about right. when you do get them done, i would play it safe and get new oem head gaskets and get the heads decked while they are off. the truck will treat you good if you keep up with the maintenance...good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts