Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my chip sent to my Sisters in St Louis and my parents were bringing it home with them.Well the airline lost their bags and when the bags were found the airport staff stole allmost everything but clothes and my DP Tuner.I guess they did'nt know what it was.Whats wrong with people?sorry for the long post I just needed to vent.

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
That just sucks! And welcome to the permanent grin club:ford: You're gonna love it.

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
Air Travel is getting to be a complete PITA! You can't lock your bags except with TSA approved locks (meaning that the TSA has keys that open them). The TSA is supposed to be protecting us, but they can't seem to keep people from stealing from our luggage (my father had his expensive digital camera stolen from his checked luggage)...so how are we supposed to believe that they can stop a terrorist.

Skycap: "Has your luggage been left unattended or out of your control..."

Me: "Not yet, but between now and when I land it will be out of my control. How many STRANGERS (skycaps, TSA, baggage handlers, etc.) will have control of my luggage during that time and does that count?"

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Not very reassuring when it comes to air travel. With tighening down on what we travel with you would think that more airports would have security cameras installed in luggage check areas to protect us against crimes like this.

to share....Jody does not travel with his tuning equipment any longer. It is shipped with a heafty insurance, as in "I dare you to even think of taking it insurance" :eek:

Now enjoy the chip and I hope the other belongings are recovered.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just installed it and all I can say is wow!!It runs so much smoother and is way more responsive.I love the 80 econo and the 100hp.I switched it back to the stock setting and it felt like the truck stalled.You gotta love the extra black smoke too.I wish I had bought one sooner.

·
Registered
832 Posts
now just gets some oil and youll really love driving. o as for the stolen luggage, i only thats ONLY use CARRY ON. saves alot of time too:D:D

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Yep world of diffrence. Sorry about your luggage but atleast the truck is running good! :cool:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which of my tunes would be the best all round tune for daily driving? meaning least stress on the truck and best mpg.My tunes are 40tow,80econo and 100hp.

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
x2, I a fair amount of smoke in that tune though. I have a manual but I may also have a boost leak

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
All this talk about DP pisses me off. I go out and buy the SCT before I knew about DP. So I guess I should ask a stupid question, How much of a diiference is there gonna be between the SCt and DP ? I,m gonna get with Jody on this soon. Kinda think my truck is slow for what I,ve done to it though, so icould be fighting something . Oh and off topic, where did you get the pic of my girlfriend Cat. ? LOL. I,ve been meaning to ask you that.

Dan

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
Talk to Jody he might be able to put his tunes on your SCT.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Yeah, I know he can do that, but I want to have the ability to change on the fly. this shuting down crap is for the birds. I got the SCT because we have a guy here that runs the SCT and I though it was the better one out there then. I like it just would rather have a chip that I can change while I,m driving. I have to change my trans and I have a turbo to rebuild so I want to get that done first before I go to a DP F-5.

Dan

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
All this talk about DP pisses me off. I go out and buy the SCT before I knew about DP. So I guess I should ask a stupid question, How much of a diiference is there gonna be between the SCt and DP ? I,m gonna get with Jody on this soon. Kinda think my truck is slow for what I,ve done to it though, so icould be fighting something . Oh and off topic, where did you get the pic of my girlfriend Cat. ? LOL. I,ve been meaning to ask you that.

Dan
(off topic) Your girlfriend.......wait a min she told me she was single. No wonder she drives down to ohio so much....:doh: We've both been dooped! :eek:

(Back on topic) I agree with Dan, the DP Tuner is nice because you can change it on the fly & it affects the shift points & what not alot better. But regular tuner wise I think SCT is about the best generic tuner out there for our trucks.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Yeah, Little Jack has built two 6.0 psd,s and put a SCT on both, Paul drove the latest one and almost #$%^ his pants when he went to take off from a stop with 30 horse tractor behind it and started spinging the tires, LOL. I think for a 6.o the SCT is bye far the best out there, it makes them stupid fast. Jack had a 02 7.3 with a Preditor on it and it was,nt to bad ,but I think like you said Cat if all your gonna do is a tunner then SCT is the way to go. I get the other mods done I,m gonna call Jody and spend the money on a DP F-5. I have a good idea on tunes right now, so we will see.

Dan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts