Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted about thinking about it. Sure enough after a few talks to a few people local on craigslist and what a joke. People are like 3rd owners, people almost bothered I called so... sure enough I hit refresh and bang... short and sweet ad goes up just a sentence and phone number. Call him, real nice guy knew everything fixed and when but not into tuning it or any of that wasnt that smart. Anyway guy bought brand new, only used it to go back and forth from Ct to Wisconsin to see family and a trips to south carolina on summers. Towed his boat 20ft an thats about it. Has 2 kids. Anyway call him and on top of it price I think was down right awesome. He has it sitting in a heated garage right next to the boat. Inside out its like new. Its dark now but will post pics tomorrow. I end up crawling everywhere you can imagine, checked every fluid inside out. I end up getting a folder of EVERY document done to the EX at the same dealer in CT. Every oil change, anything all things. Couldn't ask for more if you ask me. Never tuned, never touched not a thing. Inside the driver seat alone is not even cracked up nothing. I dont think the guy ever put his arm on the arm rest that flips down. Just needs a new set of shocks right now, and will probably need tires. They are decent but I want a better winter set.

So im just venting... its in my driveway and when time came I said no joke cash was in my truck, my girl will take my truck i'll throw my dealer plate on it and take right now. He pretty much didn't think it was gonna happen as fast. He has it listed maybe 1 hour tops haha. And in the end he is questioning his price. We talked and whatnot and he handed over all the keys, door code, took his few things out and thats it. This thing couldn't be cleaner and he didn't even think it was selling that day.

In the end got a 2001 Limited Green/Tan 2 tone 184K miles drove it already about 100 miles tonight alone and it couldn't feel better however a turd! PAID $10,000 for it!:redspotdance::ford:

Step 1:
TS Tuner for some MPG's n few times i'll tow
Intake?
4 or 5" exhaust do y'all suggest? Rather keep things quite for long drives

Step 2:
Wheels - Maybe something classic clean looking and simple
Tires - Not to agressive want best MPG's I can, but a decent year round tire for snow an all.

Pics will be on in morning inside and out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sweet find! That's exactly how my purchase went down minus bringing my wife to drive it back, i had them drive it to my home. Mine was owned by a mother of two, she ran a daycare out of here home and she used the ex to shuttle the kids back and forth.

Get some pictures of this beast up soon......again great find!

02EX

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Michelin LTX AT2 Tires!!!!!!!!! Read reviews, NOTHING comes close to the customer satisfaction for road and snow. Not to mention they usually last 70-120K with rotations. I have 90K on my M&S tires and still plenty of tread.

Do the Air Filter: MUCH faster turbo spool-up

Exhaust: Do A FULL TURBO BACK system

·
Registered
385 Posts
4 or 5" exhaust do y'all suggest? Rather keep things quite for long drives

Pics will be on in morning inside and out.
How about them pics?

5" exhaust hits between the fuel tank and the rear shock.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry I forgot I will in morning. I think im goin to just delete the muffler and run it. Rather keep it a little quite for the long rids and all that.

·
PSN Guru
28 Posts
sorry I forgot I will in morning. I think im goin to just delete the muffler and run it. Rather keep it a little quite for the long rids and all that.
Thats basically what mine has on it, factory exhaust with a muffler delete, and a tip welded on. It's a hack job, but I bought it like that and haven't had the money to buy the exhaust I want. My point is, mine is significantly louder than my dads truck and he has a 4" turbo back mbrp with muffler.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's how my deal went down on my 2002 EX. Been looking for a while on Craigslist and Truck Trader. I had an ex already but it was a V10 2wd and didnt want to fix it up if I wasnt going to keep it, I really wanted a 4x4 with a 7.3. Seen a few deals but when i called they were already sold. I did some searching on friday and nothing,then looked again on saturday, and there it was. Freshly posted, not even a price yet. I called and they said they just got it in on a trade yesterday. Told them I was on my way. Picked it up for $10,500 minus my trade in. Best part was it already had a lift,intake,4 inch exhaust,guages,traction bars and custom wheels and runs really smooth. Only con was the driver side seat had a tear,nothing a seat cover cant fix. Anyways, good job on a great find!!

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got some goodies on today!!! Big thanks to clay at ct performance for doing my bulk order and getting me the best stuff.

Intake recommended by CT performance.
Tony Wildman 6 pos (hi idle, Eco, hvy tow, DD, street, extreme)
Cut out muffler an put in straight pipe she sounds great
Gauges on pillar - auto meter gs gauges (pyro, boost, trans)

Now Sunday is going to be front v code springs and mod B springs for rear. Dual bilsteins in front! Dual fox stabilizer! New track bar. 05 grill and headlights. 2" steel wheels spacers and a set of 08 f250 factory 20's w 275/65's gy ats tires.

Should look and feel like a whole new rig. I doubt I'll drive my damn 08 f250 after this hahaha

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Got some goodies on today!!! Big thanks to clay at ct performance for doing my bulk order and getting me the best stuff.

Intake recommended by CT performance.
Tony Wildman 6 pos (hi idle, Eco, hvy tow, DD, street, extreme)
Cut out muffler an put in straight pipe she sounds great
Gauges on pillar - auto meter gs gauges (pyro, boost, trans)

Now Sunday is going to be front v code springs and mod B springs for rear. Dual bilsteins in front! Dual fox stabilizer! New track bar. 05 grill and headlights. 2" steel wheels spacers and a set of 08 f250 factory 20's w 275/65's gy ats tires.

Should look and feel like a whole new rig. I doubt I'll drive my damn 08 f250 after this hahaha
Any pics with those wheels?? Who's spacers are you running? I had a 1.5" set a while back, but they were not hub centric.. I had a couple lugs break while I had them mounted.. The third lug that broke, I took them off. I know you can get the correct ones..

I like the '08 20"s, but think you'd need the spacers for offset.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any pics with those wheels?? Who's spacers are you running? I had a 1.5" set a while back, but they were not hub centric.. I had a couple lugs break while I had them mounted.. The third lug that broke, I took them off. I know you can get the correct ones..

I like the '08 20"s, but think you'd need the spacers for offset.
I am going to be installing lift this weekend finally and wheels on Tuesday. I got the spacers from someone I remember was top rated and they are solid steel 2". Told with those and the specs from wheels will fit fine. I love the wheels too and happy cause it keeps it clean stock looking but good finished for winter and summer. I'll be sure to send pictures and all info I do. I also have been told I will need to grind down the little ends on the studs. That little tip that is not threaded because it will not let spacers sit flush. These are also hub and wheel centric. I'll find who I got from again.

Shake -N- Bake

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fred @ wheel adaptor

Wheeladaptor.com

Talked to him direct was a great guy an shipped fast. Seem to be some serious beef spacers so can't wait. I know the box weights 63lbs haha.

Shake -N- Bake

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I am going to be installing lift this weekend finally and wheels on Tuesday. I got the spacers from someone I remember was top rated and they are solid steel 2". Told with those and the specs from wheels will fit fine. I love the wheels too and happy cause it keeps it clean stock looking but good finished for winter and summer. I'll be sure to send pictures and all info I do. I also have been told I will need to grind down the little ends on the studs. That little tip that is not threaded because it will not let spacers sit flush. These are also hub and wheel centric. I'll find who I got from again.

Shake -N- Bake
Nice. I am ready to buy tires and wheels in Feb. but want to see your '08's first. I am still looking for a 20" aluminum, or not too flashy chrome wheel but I am thinking KM2's either way.. Fred's the guy.. I talked to him after I pulled mine off, but decided to get aftermarkets that are a little offset and wider.. Those adapters should work well.

·
Registered
668 Posts
pics man!! haha sounds like its gonna look real good!!

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pumped. I hope Monday I get started and done. Plenty before and after pictures

·
Registered
668 Posts
sweet man sounds like its gonna be a nice set up what you gonna use it for mostly?

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sweet man sounds like its gonna be a nice set up what you gonna use it for mostly?
To be honest I don't know. So far even with the scary stock suspension I hop in it wnjust the girl to go anywhere haha. W tuner intake exhaust and gauges she looks good and gets good mileage. And nice to throw miles on that an not matter and my 6.4 sits clean and not turned on and off everyday as a dd. I do travel a bit WHEN it snowed here in NY to go snowmobiling (4 hr trip) for me an friends all of that. An would be perfect to tow trailer with, get mpg's, and fit more than 4 people and be incredibly comfortable. Gear be inside an clean and still a monster to tow a 4 place trailer if needed. Also we travel to Maryland a lot in summer so again fits everyone, the dogs if needed, and plenty of comfortable room to not be crammed in a truck an wasted bed space if it rains ur screwed.

·
Registered
668 Posts
yeah man that's a perfect truck for that! makes me want one for all the friends and sled gear haha. hate throwing it all in a tool box and having it all cold when we get there. and yeah not daily driving a brand new good looking truck is a great plus hahaha

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HOLLLYYYYYY CRAPPPPP

Cary, CT PERFORMANCE....

You made a cool manvan I bought drive better then anything I own haha. Just finally finished rear end today. Put on 2" spacers and ran stock wheels home so it's only gonna be better when I get the 20's on tomorrow! Front end went wayyyy to easy which I knew would bite me in the a$$. The rear is where it showed. Rear lower and upper bolts were just NOT helping. Seized to the bushing collar so just spun. Long hour of fighting, saw zall blades, and finally my angle cutting wheel got the inside of boot cut an I could twist smash and yanked out old springs. I went ahead an spent another 100 bucks to get all new bolts, and new rear shackles which made demo rip it out easy and out in all nice new. So bolted together great. Leaf springs are as ordered and told. Drove it home an I can't stop laughing and smiling how smooth, firm and stable, yet soft an absorbes everything in same roads I daily drive. I still am laughing. Tired as hell and couldn't not write this reply. I'll be sure to get pictures in morning. I didn't get good befores but let's say it was LOOOWWW. it's a perfect height and is maybe inch or so from buddies f350 2002 w a 4" lift.

Thanks so much for learning and helping us turn a manvan into just what it should be.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I don't think that company sells steel spacers ? if so can you link to the ones you bought?
All I have ever seen was billet aluminum from them

Oh and

:nopics:

lol

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Pics?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts