Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got home from school tonight to see fed ex dropped some goodies off. turned out to be my chip and boost regulator. installed chip and here is where the trouble started, wait to start light stayed on longer then usual, check engine light came and stayed on, "check gage" light came and stayed on, and lastly no tach at all. i have high idle, stuff in between and smoke setting last (i know, i know). i know the chip is working somewhat because i set the chip to fire up on 2 which was tow i believe, cycled through them all, high idle kicked in but still no tach movement, heard just the slightest increase in idle on other settings and could definately see the smoke on the last setting. unhooked the chip, i now have no cel, "check gage" light doesnt not come on/stay on, wait to start light is normal and i now have tach movement again. ive had a dp before this with no problems at all so i know its not a connection between the ecm and chip. any suggestions?

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Call Beans as soon as you can and they will take care of you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am in no way bashing these guys, maybe someone else has had this issue before me.

·
Sponsor
934 Posts
well got home from school tonight to see fed ex dropped some goodies off. turned out to be my chip and boost regulator. installed chip and here is where the trouble started, wait to start light stayed on longer then usual, check engine light came and stayed on, "check gage" light came and stayed on, and lastly no tach at all. i have high idle, stuff in between and smoke setting last (i know, i know). i know the chip is working somewhat because i set the chip to fire up on 2 which was tow i believe, cycled through them all, high idle kicked in but still no tach movement, heard just the slightest increase in idle on other settings and could definately see the smoke on the last setting. unhooked the chip, i now have no cel, "check gage" light doesnt not come on/stay on, wait to start light is normal and i now have tach movement again. ive had a dp before this with no problems at all so i know its not a connection between the ecm and chip. any suggestions?

Just give them a call, sounds like it has a PMT code on the chip vs a VDH

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds pretty odd. I havent the slightest clue. Never had any problems like that before.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd get ahold of them and describe the issue. I'm sure they'll take good care of you.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Just give them a call, sounds like it has a PMT code on the chip vs a VDH
:whs:

Seems like I've read about anomalies like tach's not moving, alternators not charging, dash warning lights actin up, ect, when PCM codes get mixed up.

OP, you're gonna love the difference.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's a good thought about the pcm codes, I never thought of that. come to mention it they never did ask me for my code. i'll call them bright and early tomorrow and ship it back out which kind of sucks but it seems like there is no other option, thanks for the responses guys.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
Ya sounds like there was a mix up somehow and you got PMT tunes on your late model. It happens sometimes when we get so many orders they can get confusing keeping it all straight. Just call up and hit ext 25, you will probably get voice mail but he will call you back as soon as he gets it.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
i am in no way bashing these guys, maybe someone else has had this issue before me.
No one took it that way, you did the right thing. You assumed that it might be instalation error 1st, asked, then went to the vendor. If more did as you did there would be more happy customers and vendors. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts