Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0302.mp4 video by co04cobra - Photobucket

Not the most exciting, smoke blowing pull in the world, but did get my first win. 8 trucks in the class. Beat a twind 24v cummins by about a foot or so to win. Now I need to work on my stops and put the truck on a diet to try and hang some weight next year. That way I can take off in a higher gear to get some more wheel speed. Finished up the last 3 pulls of the season with a 2nd out of 8. Then a 5th out of 18, and finally a win out of 8 again. Most important thing drove it to and home from every pull its ever been to. :ford:

If someone can link that to youtube so it makes it easier to watch that would be great. My youtube account hasnt worked since google took it over.

·
Registered
430 Posts
What class is that considered?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its always only one diesel class. You see everything from twins to 2.6 to guys that trailer their trucks in and hang 1000lbs. Just a little bit of everything. It really does need to be a lot more organized.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
nice man congrats on the win

·
Registered
430 Posts
Congrats on the win. Not being a dick, but if its everything from twins and 2.6 trucks that get trailered in, how did you pull off a win? What all you have in your truck?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha no prob man. My truck makes 600+ so it does ok. If I could hang some weight and get a little more wheel speed it would do better.

Btw I guess I would be considered one of the 2.6 guys :ford:

·
Registered
430 Posts
makes sense. That sucks that they have 1 class and dont allow hanging weight....

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha yea that would work too I guess only one truck and everybodys a winner. I cant hang weight b/c my truck is too heavy. Its going on a little diet over the winter. Its a 8000lb diesel class. So you can run anything as long as its not over 8000. The twind cummins truck that got 2nd is a dually, and a few other trucks were duallys. I think there was one other cummins truck that was trailered in, but Im not sure what all he has done to it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Theres alot you can do to move the weight out front if you are serious about pulling. It makes a world of difference having that weight over the front end.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, Im open for all suggestions. I only get to pull maybe 4 or 5 times a year, but I enjoy it when I make it. Give me any tips you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
pretty simple, strip all the weight you can and hang that out front.

Toolbox, spare tire/carrier, tailgate, rear bumper, rear seats, etc.

If you are really serious you can eliminate one of the batteries, lighter rims, etc. If you look around the truck theres alot of weight that can be striped, its just a question of functionality and labor for a part time puller.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts