Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed almost all my shifts have a long drawn out "loose" feeling. Would a vb cure this or should I send it back for warranty work? It only does it under hard accel.

Those that installed a vb what did you notice before/after?

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
They all have valve bodies....

Oh, modified? Yes. When you say the shifts are long and drawn out.... who's chip/programmer are you running?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rolling stock. Matt will get some cash from me within the month though. I'm sure alot could be fixed with tuning but I'm looking at throwing a "modified" vb in anyway.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've got a John Wood VB and it firmed my shifts up nicely. Not that they were loose before but now they are very precise. It doesn't slam into gear either, so I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got a John Wood VB and it firmed my shifts up nicely. Not that they were loose before but now they are very precise. It doesn't slam into gear either, so I'm pretty happy with it.
Same for me

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
BTS or Woods. Just make sure to tell your tuners so, if need, he can make adjustments for it to his normal base tune.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
JW here and like the others said, it firmed up the shifts but not hard cause I told him it was for towing a heavy (12K+) toyhauler. It downshifts as you slow down with the brakes applied and I also have a decell tune that closes the ebpv and downshifts also keeps the conv locked until it gets down to about 25mph. It's a pita for street driving but 95% of the miles on it are with the trailer. He can build it to whatever your needs are. The best $225 I've spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts