Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the truck hasn't been anywhere today...hasnt even left the spot I parked it in last night. I just went outside and saw a huge puddle under it that had run down the driveway...I pop the hood, and the coolant tank is completely empty....what the heck happened?

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as that goes, with the coolant just all falling out like that, couldn't I pour more in and see where its going?

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yeah thats what I meant.....If a head gasket caused this I'm screwed lol

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have too...I hope to God thats what it is

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Check the plastic Y under the bottle. Bean through 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I have an extra (used) degas bottle if you need one badly. But I don't think blown headgaskets would leak antifreeze out like that over night usually pukes out of the bottle

I

·
0 Posts
As said above, check your hoses. Sounds like when she cooled down and the coolant returned there is a leak there somewhere.
After you fix the leak make sure you use only the Ford gold coolant..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just replaced the Degas Bottle on my 03' about 4mo ago for this same reason. It only leaked over night! mine was cracked on the back up against the firewall. I think it was around 80.00 or so, good luck! this month it's a new lower radiator hose, too much fun:doh:

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok the bottle was cracked...water was coming out of it when i poured some in....i'm hoping this is the only problem...it made a huge mess under the truck but i guess just a small drip every 2 seconds for about 12 hours can cause a big mess

·
Registered
463 Posts
Similar thing happened to me. Traced the problem to the hose that comes off the "Y" fitting under the degas bottle. The hose wrapped around the corner of the FICM and had chaffed clean through.

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm ordering a tank tomorrow and after I fix that we'll see if I leak anywhere else.

On a brighter note, I went ahead and made me a little zoodad mod tonight

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Good thing it's an easy fix.

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if thats all it is....

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok got the new tank....now...do i just need to put the coolant in the tank or will i have to burp the whole system...

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you very much...i will do that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts