Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got tired of driving the truck on a daily basis and started looking for a car that got better than 20 mpg. I was looking at some mustangs but was having a hard time finding on under 10 grand that wasn't beat to chit or high miles. Well I finely found something worth going after and ended up with a 2005 Volkswagen Passat with a tdi the car has 120,000 miles on it and I got it for 6300 I searched all over the net and called 5 different dealers and 4 of the 4 referred me to the same guy and saw his name all over the net his screen name is oilhamer on thiclub.com and he is right hear in st.louis and is known across the country for is skills with the tdi motor and is a super nice guy and looked over the car front to back and pointed out a few thing wrong with the car and when all is said and done the car needs about 1400 bucks put in to it in the next couple of months like tires,battery,both front axles, and the timing belt changed all in all I asked him what I should expect to pay for the car and he said some where in the 9-10 thousand dollar range so even with needing a little bit of work it was well worth the price I paid. I will have pics up in the next couple of days. I am supper excited about this car because it will cut my fuel expense in over half and general maintenance will be cheaper :) and don't worry I still have the truck LOL

hear is the craigs list add that will let some see it before it is removed

2005 Volkswagen Passat TDI - Diesel, Great price, read description

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I really like how honest the ad is

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya me to the guy I took it to popped the hood and looked at it for about 30 seconds and had it fixed without even hooking up a scan tool it was a intake tube that was loose and was throwing a code for the mafs so he hooked it back up and never even charged me and the car ran like a raped ape on the way back to the dealer LOL

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have to say this little fuker is like a rocket LOL

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wife just told me on the high way the computer was showing 45 MPG :bowfast:

·
Chachi
237 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Man great to hear that, I looking for a 06 TDI Jetta and will check him out. I couldn't see the add, but I'll look under St. Louis for his listings. Thanks

Do he have a lot of inventory?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is it tdiclub.com rather than thiclub.com

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it tdiclub.com rather than thiclub.com
Yes and the guy I got it fromonly had like 6 cars but he can locate cars and sell them to you for his hole sale price +a fee I will pm you some info latter the guy I took it to works at a place called the car doctor I will include his info also

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem just give me a day our so

·
Registered
544 Posts
I made that same move a few months ago... Mine is an 05 Jetta TDI 5 speed..I had a stage 2 malone tune flashed in it and that made a world of difference. I get about 36 mpg running it pretty hard

·
Registered
289 Posts
very nice, that must have been on the website that just sold. lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what website? Now I just need to get some wheels and tint for it but I might sell it and make some money off of it LOL but still undecided on that

·
Registered
544 Posts
Where are you located...I am wanting to sell the wheels on mine :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
the one you sent me. lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Close to st louis what are you wanting for them

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would like to get 400 for them, you would have to pay shipping. They are 18s. On one wheel, you can see where it looks like the people that owned it before me hit a curb with the tire pretty good because it pushed the lip of the rim in a little but, it didnt gouge(spelling) the rim though. It could be fixed pretty cheaply by a rim repair place but, It doesnt vibrate or anything so, it doesnt bother me. The tires are falcon and have about 40-50% tread from what I can tell. My ZIP is 75009 if you want to check on shipping costs...probably about 35-40lbs each..maybe less.

On edit: GO RANGERS!

Here is a link to the wheels
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWheelDetail.do?dVeh=dVeh&bp=&tc=DRAD34&c=1&rcz=75057&yr=2005&pc=22840&wd=18&rw=&vid=014233&rc=TDTINT
the tires are a falcon below is a link for them, not sure right now on the exact size. I can find out if you are interested.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?c=1&rcz=75057&ar=40&rf=true&rd=18&rc=TDTINT&cs=225&dVeh=dVeh&tc=FALHZ7&yr=2005&pc=28760&cf=false&vid=014233&sw=false

1 - 20 of 20 Posts