Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure I told you guys my “no” button is broken. I’ll take anything as long as it says 7.3.

Ended up getting a FREE 2003 Eddie Bauer Excursion 7.3 last week, still can’t believe it. 215k miles. Offered the guy $1000 last year for the truck but couldn’t get it. Ended up doing some dump runs and errands for them this year in exchange for the truck which hadn’t run or moved in 3+ years.

Got it towed to the house, 2 new interstate batteries and some fiddling around with the starting circuit, boom she fired right up and came to life!!!

So far everything checks out, runs well and moves back and fourth but there isn’t anything left of the brake lines so we can’t test drive it. Everything is ordered already to fix that.

CEL is on but haven’t hooked scanner up to it yet. Brakes getting done, going to have it blasted and undercoated and then do the rockers. Everything else is basically good!

Pics coming

·
PSN intsigator
7,041 Posts
Awesome

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Even if you have a bunch of stuff to fix, free is a helluva deal! Can't wait to see pics.

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...more to come ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm jealous! That's a killer deal. It looks exactly like mine, but in better shape and less miles.

Sent from my SM-J510MN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had one just like it but a 6.0 - same year and color. I got tired of the constant 6.0 gremlins and sent it down the road to a guy who works on and loves the 6.0. I would have loved to have one with a 7.3. Blue is my favorite color. I currently have a white 7.3 X and owned a green one that my best friend talked me out of.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
dude!!!!! WE LOVE our 7.3 Excursion
I traded pinks for mine, best deal I ever made. Traded away a V10 F250 for it and I thought I got the best deal ever on a 7.3 Excursion

Congrats!! that is AWESOME!!!
They are worth good $$$$$ these days and going up in value.......

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so I am trying to get rocker panels for the Ex... It seems that nobody makes these other than the slip on type. Can anyone enlighten me on where to find some OE style replacement rockers other than fabricating them myself?

Or better yet can someone cut some OE rocker panels off a junk excursion that's not in the rust belt? LOL

·
PSN intsigator
7,041 Posts
Ok so I am trying to get rocker panels for the Ex... It seems that nobody makes these other than the slip on type. Can anyone enlighten me on where to find some OE style replacement rockers other than fabricating them myself?

Or better yet can someone cut some OE rocker panels off a junk excursion that's not in the rust belt? LOL
I bet @Sbluke55 could hook you up

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts