·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 EX 7.3 80k on it.
4" lift 35" tires
4" exhaust and afe air
ATS propane
I'll be taking it on some long trips out west and to Alaska with my family so it has to be reliable. I have 2k to spend now, where should I start. I'll be doing some towing, nothing big.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
propane is pretty sketchy, you never know when its going to ignite.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Regulated fuel return also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already have gauges, thinking of trying to turn the propane tank into an air tank. How about the DP tuner, had great luck with my 03 van.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
I run Dp tuner and love it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
#1-Chip. I've have Matt's tunes in my ex but have Bill's in my OBS. Both great!
#2 vavle body for the trans. Jon Woods would get my vote.
#3. trans cooler. Don't forget to get rid of the bypass on the trans
#4 new HPOP. Two nice units out now for about $800. Man what a difference they make. Mpg and power wise.

If your not towing the bigger housing probly could wait. Might think about an OBS Wheel or ATS housing to get rid of the turbo surge.

And that should kill 2k with no problem.

·
Freak'n know it all
3,004 Posts
Well all the guys are trying but they really are missing the boat:
Ditch the pane, get a harbor freight air compressor for $20 and send me the remaining $1980.... I do take paypal :D

I spose that If you don't like those options then some stage one singles, a chip and a WW would work well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
#1-Chip. I've have Matt's tunes in my ex but have Bill's in my OBS. Both great!
#2 vavle body for the trans. Jon Woods would get my vote.
#3. trans cooler. Don't forget to get rid of the bypass on the trans
#4 new HPOP. Two nice units out now for about $800. Man what a difference they make. Mpg and power wise.

If your not towing the bigger housing probly could wait. Might think about an OBS Wheel or ATS housing to get rid of the turbo surge.

And that should kill 2k with no problem.
Please explaine: Get rid of the bypass on the trans.
What HPOP due you recomend.

Thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
wouldent propane and PMR's be asking for a windowed block?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Please explaine: Get rid of the bypass on the trans.
What HPOP due you recomend.

Thanks
The trans has a bypass on it. It will bypass the coolers if the presure gets to high. Completly bypassing the cooler Mag Tec makes the parts. Basicly a set of bango Washers.
I have a Diesel Site Adrin on the Ex now. P1211 codes no more!! I do think I'm going to put it on my obs and get one of the new Drop in Stealths. I really can't tell you how much a difference oil makes. It's unreal.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
you DO NOT want to get rid of the bypass on the trans, it is there incase the cooler becomes restrictive or clogged. if cooler flow is restricted the trans will get starved for fluid and you all know the result of that

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Forget the idea of a HPOP. Do yourself a favor and get a set of Stage 1 singles instead for about the same money. The stock HPOP is pleanty for Stage 1 injectors and you will have a like new running truck again with new injectors.

The singles shot injectors will also get you more MPG gain than a HPOP swap.

·
Registered
574 Posts
you DO NOT want to get rid of the bypass on the trans, it is there incase the cooler becomes restrictive or clogged. if cooler flow is restricted the trans will get starved for fluid and you all know the result of that
I guess you should tell Jon wood and other builders that. If you add coolers and filters inline that adds presure. Sometimes forcing it into bypass.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
maybe he has a different, way of things... but Brian didnt tell me to take it off on my last truck and RacerX specifically told me NOT to take it off

1 - 20 of 29 Posts