Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be pulling a 32' gooseneck w/dual wheel & dual axle trailer with a crew cab 4x4 diesel on it. Tow vehicle is a Chevy crew cab single wheel 4x4 diesel.
My question is am I required to stop @ the scales along the way???
Thanks

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I am going to be pulling a 32' gooseneck w/dual wheel & dual axle trailer with a crew cab 4x4 diesel on it. Tow vehicle is a Chevy crew cab single wheel 4x4 diesel.
My question is am I required to stop @ the scales along the way???
Thanks
Do you follow DOT? Are you hauling for hire? How is the truck licensed?

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
In most state you are either Recreation, private, or Motor carrier. If you are making money from the sale or delivery of cargo you are under DOT up to a GVWR. Consult your local HPD. Or do as the rest and put Not For Hire on your rig and go.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
In most state you are either Recreation, private, or Motor carrier. If you are making money from the sale or delivery of cargo you are under DOT up to a GVWR. Consult your local HPD. Or do as the rest and put Not For Hire on your rig and go.
theres loopholes to all of it the best way to get around it is to do what 1800 said.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
We pulled one out of Cali and never had a problem one. But like 1800 said the easyest way to get around it is go get a magnet or some stickers made that say not for hire and start grabbin gears. We do the same thing on our dump truck and none of us have cdls exept one, that never drives it. When they see that sticker they just turn around

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have completed our trip without stopping @ the scales. Sign B4 the scales says anything over 8 ton must scale. I don't think we are that heavy, but I do have a class A CDL for tractor trailer w/ air brake.

First haul w/ the gooseneck in the truck & it pulled like a dream, both loaded & empty
Thanks To all !!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Good deal man goodluck in the future

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm fixing to be doing the same thing. Selling one of my trucks and hauling it on a 26 foot gooseneck. Talked with my local trooper and he said go for it, your not over weighted and doing it commercially.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
We have completed our trip without stopping @ the scales. Sign B4 the scales says anything over 8 ton must scale. I don't think we are that heavy, but I do have a class A CDL for tractor trailer w/ air brake.

First haul w/ the gooseneck in the truck & it pulled like a dream, both loaded & empty
Thanks To all !!!
you are probably pushing 8 ton with just the tow vehicle and trailer with nothing on it :poke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts