Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is at the body shop getting the body fixed up after my stolen/recovery incident.

I am having the body guy replace the power mirrors with the gooseneck mirrors (4 post). I don't much for the power mirrors for towing.

I bought the gooseneck mirror kit from Ford.

The passenger side mirror is a "regular" view mirror. Does anyone know if Ford made a gooseneck convex mirror for the passenger side.

Thanks

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
You are SOL. You can put a spot mirror on. I recommend one one both sides.

Sorry to hear about your truck

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
630 Posts
Billy, not sure if this might suit you, but look at #214 or #186 down the page:

Sure Plus: Other

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yep, that's the style I thought you meant. I have that style on both of my trucks. I don't like the narrow field of view on the RH side. My dually came with a big spot mirror stuck on the RH side already. It makes the regular glass about useless to me. I'm converting it to the F800 style mirrors like Brad posted. (got the pair for $70!). But I want to add power, heated heads to them. I was thinking the 186's will mount to your brackets, they have a conventional glass on top and a big convex glass on the bottom.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No. Not on the little tow mirrors. But you could get them on the west coast style mirror
those are the ones i'm lookin at gettin. dont know how they would look on my truck though. i'd like to get some and just see how they would look. then paint em black :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks brad. Do you know if he has extenders on those or what? i like the look of em if they were in a little bit more closer to the truck.

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
I am pretty sure thats just how big they are. I don't think you can move them in and out.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You can flip the mirror over, and spin it around and put the mirror over the support bars, instead of outside them. Thats about it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Thanks brad. Do you know if he has extenders on those or what? i like the look of em if they were in a little bit more closer to the truck.
Those mirrors are bigger than the ones I posted on the Big 4wd truck

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh i see. so if i were to order some off lmctruck (western style) they would be smaller correct?

·
Registered
630 Posts
oh i see. so if i were to order some off lmctruck (western style) they would be smaller correct?
Ask lmc before you order, but I believe they only sell the "C" brackets with the mirror head? I think you would still need the door brackets.

If it helps any, here's a pic of the F350 gooseneck mirror with a 1990 F800 west coast mirror clamped on to compare. The F800 mirrors really aren't any wider than the gooseneck mirrors when they're turned out. These are the 96" wide F800 mirrors, Ford also sold 102" mirrors that would be about 3" wider per side. I'm thinking the mirrors on the red CC are at least 102's, maybe wider. They look enormous!

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks for posting that pic! it gives me more of an idea of what i'm possibly looking for!

·
Registered
630 Posts
No problem! Now if I could just find a good price on a pair of power adjustable, heated mirror heads for these brackets I'll be set!

·
Brian
624 Posts
Rock auto sells these mirrors I was looking at what they have. They are what came on my 92 sd

·
Spoolin Up!!
1 Posts
hello newbie here im so glad i found this site,,,,,,

now has anyone ever seen the newer style telescope mirrors on these body style trucks,i have a 95 dually with swing out mirrors and been wanting to upgrade to the telescope style thats on the 99 and newer,,i seen one here in mich driving down the road with them on and all i got was it was in the smoker window and thats it i cant find nothing on the web,,,,maybe someone has some info on whats needed to install these?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts