Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Sound Of Madness
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a hide-a-ball style hitch for my my 99 SD. When i bought the truck i installed a set of firestone air bags and i cant find a hitch that will work with the bags. I talked to B&W and they said i should have bought a hitch first then ordered air bags that work around the hitch. I dont want to buy another set of air bags, does anyone know were i could look for a hitch That would work or have any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
build one?

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Probably be easier to sell your current bags, or find out if you can get just the mounting kit for GN hitch style bags.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My early 99 had firestone air bags on it when I bought it. I put a Drop-N-Lock hitch in my truck and had to space the air bag brackets out about 3/8" from the frame to make it work. That was 5 yrs ago and I haven't had any problems. Good luck!

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Probably be easier to sell your current bags, or find out if you can get just the mounting kit for GN hitch style bags.
:whs: That's probably your best bet unless you want to fabricate your own hitch.

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
Ya I would do what he said. I put fire stone air bags on a truck with a bw, you may have to cut a small tab off of hitch to get the air bag brackets in the right spot. Really the only part that sucks is drilling threw all that steel, good luck

·
The Sound Of Madness
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips! Ill see what i can do!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am having the same problem, went to have a b&w installed today, and they couldn't because of my air lift airbags. I guess the older model b&w that was for the 99-05 superduties worked fine. They have switched to a newer model that fits all superduties 99-10, although now it doesn't work with side mounted airbags. This sucks, really want the hitch. Any luck with this?

·
Registered
336 Posts
look on ebay for model 1105R, it fit 99-04. and works better with airbags. its what i did. they are probably getting scarce out there now though.

·
The Sound Of Madness
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill check, who makes the model 1105R?

·
Registered
336 Posts
It is still a B&W turn-over-ball. Just the model that covered only 99-04 or maybe 05

1 - 12 of 12 Posts