Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PSN
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hitch in the bed and cant figure out what the problem is. Its not a turnover ball. Its supposed to pop up with the lever under the fender. It wont move..at all. Maybe you guys know how this mechanism is set up. Tried spraying PB Blaster but that didn't free it. The handle/lever moves but not the ball. Any thoughts? I've looked for an exploded diagram but came up empty. Maybe you fellas have run into this before. Help and comments are much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
is it the kind where you pull the lever and turn it 90 degrees then grab the ball and pull it up and turn it over?

·
PSN
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. The ball is in the right position its just even with the bottom of the bed. It kinda just needs to slide straight up and it would be in the right position.

·
Ford With Out Tax Money
334 Posts
when was the last time it was moved?
they can get stuck and it take a ton of force to move it.

·
PSN
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its been a long while. I thought about taking a torch and heating it up and taking a hammer to it to try and loosen it up. And no pics yet. Hard part is there is no way to grab it and pull it up. I tried a pry bar but there is no room to work with. How do these mechanisms work?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Leave the trailer hooked up and jack it up a little so it picks the truck up some. My work truck has done that before cause we usually leave it in for long periods of time.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Never seen one or used one but hitting stuff with other hard stuff usually does the truck for me.

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
Maybe you could get underneath the truck and bump up on it with a bar.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
its most liely a pop up 2 brand the pop up 1 you had to stow the ball in the tool box this one sides up on like rails most liely it been a while have someone pull the leaver to up lock it and you pry the ball up.

then gease the piss out of it. hoope it helps

had a filp ball in my d max the 1 oner install and dones seem to ever use it had to knock it out with a slege dn smooth it up and geased it no more porplbelms

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts