Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone runnin these looking for comments good and bad.

Thanks,

jrc

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Have em on my work truck, great tires. Those will be the only tires I use on the work rig.

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
I have a set on my truck, I like them, but I'd say my set will be toast by 35k. Also, the sidewalls seem a bit soft, my wife cause just a hair of a curb, and it took a small chunk out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We use them on work trucks at work they are real soft tires they dont last long and are real squishy when towing heavy loads aired up all the way.But they do get good traction in mud and snow because how soft they are .Work real good on half ton trucks just not on heavy trucks hauling alot of wieght.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
IMO weak sidewall's for a 1 ton truck, better option is Toyo AT2's.

·
Registered
156 Posts
HATE them. As stated above , I will be surprised to see 35k with them and am pretty anal about pressure , rotations and run centramatics. I pulled ProComp X-terrains off with 42k on them and sold them for a few hundred bucks when i replaced with these. BFG can't make an AT tire that last as long as a straight up MT ??? Baffles me , cant wait to get them off my truck - Will be going back to the ProComps or Toyo , 98% pavement pounder as well.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm running 315-7516 Duratracs on my 350, and if you keep them aired up, they will last. LOVE mine, by far best tire I have ever ran, on or off road. I have towed heavy with them and I plow all winter with them. Love them.

·
Freak'n know it all
3,004 Posts
I was running a set of 215 85 16's on my dually... n complaints even towing 30k gross at 75 mph 1000 mile one way... they did seem to wear fast but then they were undersized for my truck (bought em used) and I'm HELL on tires with big power, big weight, and a big right foot...

I have bfg 255 85 16's now and so far I love em..... truck rides way better and feels better planted to road but most of that may be from the size diff.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Never had luck with *any* wrangler, AT, RT, ABC123, any of them.. Tried one set on a SuperDuty and had a sidewall puncture (#4 rock) and the remaining 3 melted off within about 20k miles. The other Wranglers were on my Jeeps and K-5's and had similar complaints, weak sidewall, no grip, and short lifespan.

I always had luck with BFG M/T or A/T's... Wear, puncture resistance, and grip both going and stopping. Whether in the summer stopping weight or in the winter pushing deep snow.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Had a set of 315/75/16's on the truck when I bought it. They were getting low so replaced them with another set and hated them. They ride rough are crap in the snow in my opinion. Backed into a friends yard covered in moss and had to put it in 4 high to get out. Don't think I didn't hear crap about that. The smallest bit of water would make them hydroplain. I just upgraded wheels and tires and these toyo mt's are by far smoother, quieter, and handle way better. I will never own a set again. For a regular tire I had great luck with the Firestone TransForce's. Not very expensive and last a solid 50k

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
been running 285's on my truck for 3 years now, seem to run amazing in the snow.. running through unplowed passes up to the bumper and higher with no problems. the it18 cat loader got stuck trying to get to my truck when i hit a drift that was over the hood, that one i didnt want to smash up my grill.

the tires are soft and i dont expect a long life,(trans force's got me 45K) but running threw hay fields, logging roads, etc.. etc.. i have not had a problem.

they are a little soft on the sidewalls when towing heavy, have noticed that. but nothing too concerning even with the 20K on the gooseneck

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use them for winter tires on my excursion. super soft tread I'll be lucky to hit 40k the worst part is how soft the sidewalls are and how much I can feel them rolling and squashing under load. I would buy them again but only with an 18" wheel min. never again in 16" for the excursion. they do provide excellent mud/snow traction ice is iffy though.... still way better than the factory bf rugged trails it had when I bought it at 76k.. next up is toyo at2's summer time ive been running firestone transforce and have been happy with them

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Cooper M+S will far outperform the Goodyear in snow and ice, you will get more mileage from it also
Yes I have the cooper discovery winters studded in a 285 they are great tire for winter.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I was running a set of 215 85 16's on my dually... n complaints even towing 30k gross at 75 mph 1000 mile one way... they did seem to wear fast but then they were undersized for my truck (bought em used) and I'm HELL on tires with big power, big weight, and a big right foot...

I have bfg 255 85 16's now and so far I love em..... truck rides way better and feels better planted to road but most of that may be from the size diff.
30k at 75 mph?

·
Freak'n know it all
3,004 Posts
30k at 75 mph?
Yep, all day long.....

Actually that's a rounded number... I set the cruise at 73 in the 65 zones and 78 in the 70 and 75 zones.....

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yep, all day long.....

Actually that's a rounded number... I set the cruise at 73 in the 65 zones and 78 in the 70 and 75 zones.....
Are you using the truck in your sig? If so your only 5 tons over GCWR. I take it you use your truck to make a living, how do you get by not getting fined?

·
Freak'n know it all
3,004 Posts
Are you using the truck in your sig? If so your only 5 tons over GCWR. I take it you use your truck to make a living, how do you get by not getting fined?
yes that's the truck.. The load is a 38' triple slide fifth wheel camper and a jeep wrangler on the tow bar behind it... The truck holds 140 gallons of fuel and has a good size tool box.... GCWR is a non issue... even when I was hotshotting, all they cared about was the weight on the license plates and that I had a CDL....

I AM however illegal because of my overall length but in over 7000 miles so far in the last few years I haven't been stopped.

Transport Vehicle Motor vehicle Scale model Trailer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts