Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anytbody know a decent 4x4 or Diesel shops around this area. I like to do alot of my own work, but I dont have time. I need a leveling kit and OUO traction bars installed on my truck.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
654 Posts
I did my 4in lift and if it was me I'd go to Louisville 4x4. It sucks doing it in the rocks.:mad:

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
What leveling kit? Is it all new springs or just add a leaf or hangers?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. My dad has a shop with old hydraulic lift, which gets in the may sometimes but it works:) I actually bought the ICON with new front springs and shocks. For the rear I bought the traction blocks with all of the stuff to keep my firestone airbags that were on it for towing. Its going to be a pain in the but, so I may just let Louisville 4x4 do it. What about motor work??? Stuff like cab off EGR delete, etc? Any decent guys around?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dads body shop and house is in Floyds Knobs near Huber's, u guys are really close. Thanks again....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, check out my list of parts that are on there way to my dads. They are the top of thread in my signature line.

Stroker....my dad lives on Navillton Rd.

I will be home right after the new year for a few days. I have training in FL so I will come pick up my truck and Harley for my trip:)

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
I am In NKY, And do/Have Done all the things you have listed. Im not exactly close, bout an hour and a half. But do alot of trucks from 2 or 3 hours away. Give me a shout if ya have any questions! or I can Ever be of any help

Travis

859-991-8337

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey guys, check out my list of parts that are on there way to my dads. They are the top of thread in my signature line.

Stroker....my dad lives on Navillton Rd.

I will be home right after the new year for a few days. I have training in FL so I will come pick up my truck and Harley for my trip:)
Haha I've been on that road a few times in my life. Did you go to FCHS? If so what year didcyou grad.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha I've been on that road a few times in my life. Did you go to FCHS? If so what year didcyou grad.
I did not go to FCHS, I went to Silver Creek and Clarksville. I graduated in 88, I am a little older than u.LOL

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
i live about 20 minutes from hubers.lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i live about 20 minutes from hubers.lol
Sweet, I will be home around end of Jan for a few days. I need to find a good shop. I am thinking about Elite EGR delete, CCV mod, CAC pipe and a few other things. Tranny will be the next upgrade after that:0

Sounds like I need to make my dad's shop into a diesel shop after I retire. Are there any good diesel shops in that area???

Joe

·
Registered
654 Posts
We have some small shops in corydon but not a big name shop like u would see on here. I know of a few that could help u out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I want to do the EGR delete cab off and possibly go ahead and upgrade my tranny so I am done with it. It doesnt have to be a big name shop as long as they know what they r doing.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
I think I want to do the EGR delete cab off and possibly go ahead and upgrade my tranny so I am done with it. It doesnt have to be a big name shop as long as they know what they r doing.
well s h i t i think we know what we r doing more than they do.LOLLOLLOLLOL

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well s h i t i think we know what we r doing more than they do.LOLLOLLOLLOL
Your probably right about that, but I am not that mechanical on a diesel YET. I am also on limited time when I come home or I would definitely
just ask for help and do it myself.

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's what I did. But I dident pull the cab. I pulled the motor. Then the intake, turbo, turbo pedistal, oil cooler, heads, injectors, oil rails, hpop, front cover, and the list keeps going and going lol. But it's running now so I guess I did a ok job.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts