Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a shop anyone can recommend in Boise.

I've got a 99 F250 7.3L, the Service Engine Shoot light flipped on but the truck is running fine with no noticeable changes. I took it to O'Reilly but they couldn't pull the code and a shop in Hailey couldn't either. They're saying it's a bad PCM to start with parts and labor being $900 and that will probably fix the SES light. I'd like to get a second opinion as I've been told a few times the truck won't run with a bad PCM.

·
College Student
202 Posts
I had Deranged Diesel put in injectors as well as reseal my oil cooler on my 95 7.3L. They are pretty good and had a reasonably fast turn around due to parts shipping time. They are located by broadway and federal almost near I-84. I would take my truck there again without hesitation.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
I would love to fix your truck for ya. Unfortunately I can't in good conscience recommend the shop I work at. We're just too expensive.

Definitely get a second opinion. It sounds like they couldn't communicate with it so they're calling it a bad pcm. That's a very weak diagnosis unless they know more than they communicated to you.

A truck definitely can run with a bad pcm. It just depends on how it fails.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
I had Deranged Diesel put in injectors as well as reseal my oil cooler on my 95 7.3L. They are pretty good and had a reasonably fast turn around due to parts shipping time. They are located by broadway and federal almost near I-84. I would take my truck there again without hesitation.
Never heard of them, they must be new. I think I know which shop you mean but it wasn't deranged diesel last time I was down that way.

Right hand side of the road right before the interstate right?

·
College Student
202 Posts
Yep. You can look down to the right at their shop right as you cross the canal before the interstate. I don't know how long they have been in business, but I had them work on my truck about a year ago. They seemed to know what they were doing and they mainly work on powerstrokes. I went in to them to just fix my oil cooler, but while I was waiting for parts in the mail, I decided to go ahead and put baby swamps injectors in as well while it was at the shop and I had the money. So far a year latter, everything is working great and haven't had a problem at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts