Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright summers coming up and im starting a parts list for my truck, im looking for a hot running OBS that'll keep up with some of the Cummins guys around here, including my brother:swordfight:

so let me know what you think:

H2e (modded if i have the money)
200cc hybrids
intercooler(already have parts)
fuel system(ready for install)
Valair clutch
beans reburn

im thinkin thats right around $5000
i was hoping to save money and run this with my stock HPOP for now...
what about headstuds?

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
do head studs and valve springs, if you can find a good deal on a 17 degree hpop put it in there but you may be able to get by with out it.

what nozzles are you looking at with the injectors?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do head studs and valve springs, if you can find a good deal on a 17 degree hpop put it in there but you may be able to get by with out it.

what nozzles are you looking at with the injectors?
probably gonna start off with 30% so i could slip by without studs and springs, but if i can get them ill go bigger

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'd get injectors from Nate and tunes from Matt.

Those 2 are GOOD together.
Beans is great too though!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd get injectors from Nate and tunes from Matt.

Those 2 are GOOD together.
yeah ive heard good things about both of them, but ive been looking at rosewood because of the price

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Gona have a hard time keeping up with a less powerfull truck with a Auto..so your need to have lots more HP.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gona have a hard time keeping up with a less powerfull truck with a Auto..so your need to have lots more HP.
yeah i know, but id much rather spend $1000 on a good clutch than $4000 on a built auto tranny

i don't need to beat em on the track all the time, im gonna be doing a little bit of sled pulling as well

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
if your going to be pulling better look at double disk clutches

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if your going to be pulling better look at double disk clutches
It wouldnt be very often maybe 2-3 times a year, would that still tear up a single disk?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
the valair ceramic if it gets hot from slipping is done it turns basically into a a plateLOL. call valair though iirc theyll make you a double disc for your application, i know theres some proto. double discs of theres out there so far with good results. nozzles all depends on what you wanna do with the truck call swamps or beans and theyll fill you in. tuning is your choice but i hear beans and swamps are awesome. i would do headstuds for piece of mind and valve springs iirc are a must over 40 or 45 psi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts