Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have never had a lifted truck before, my truck now is a '05 F250. It is first and formost daily driver and the lift would be mostly for looks. On the other hand i want a quality lift cause i still do a considerable amount of heavy towing. And do some sled pulling and wanting to get more involved with that. I just want a lift big enough to notice that its lifted but i dont want it to be a hassle to drive everyday and not hurt the pulling/towing capabilities. i know its give and take, i just want a happy medium.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i was thinking a 4-6"

·
Registered
844 Posts
If ur goin to do sled pulling u will not want a leveling kit cuz it will bounce like crazy and u will also want blocks in the rear to help w/ sled pulling and towing

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked at some one up offroad lift blocks that had trac bars built into them, would those be good?

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much fender well did you have to cut?

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3-4"..not much,..and easy to do.

My truck was 6 days old from the Kentucky plant when I cut the fenders off.
That would hurt my feelings to do that on a truck that new

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
It wasn't easy for me,..it took a bunch of cans of liquid courage to make the first cut,..but after the fear went away....I wouldn't change a thing...it's exactly what I wanted.

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
If you still want to be able to tow and still be able to use your truck as a truck, a 4.5" would be as high as i would go. I have a 4.5" Icon on 36's and can still pull the gooseneck, 5th wheel, and any other trailer with no problems. It's a little high for the 5th wheel, but you just gotta be careful when pulling and making turns.

Both these pics were with 35' tires. i currently run 36's
here she is picking up a new project.

and here she is pulling the 5'er

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Ive got 8" of lift on 38" tires and its an 05 f350 crew cab long bed and i have no issues with towing in fact i still tow my 35' gooseneck trailer and haul 20,000 lbs with it and have no issues in fact i think that my truck might actually tow better than my dads 05 that is bone stock

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so a lot of choices here i've got everything between a leveling kit and a 8" lift..............decisions, decisions :confused:

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
In my opinion 4-5 would be max for hauling stuff and still use it as a "truck". Could be cause I'm short and getting in and out the bed for stuff is a pain if it's too high. My 4.5 w/36's is just right for me and still being able to utilize my bed for hauling and pulling the trailers.

Not saying that a bigger lift can't be done though.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So that brings us to which brand of lift and tires? since i have narrowed it down to somewhere between a 4-6 inch lift we will go with company with best ones in that range

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sprman i agree see i stand 6'8" tall so my 8" annd 38's its all that bad for me so i think how tall you are would play a factor into it

TheFinalStroke

im running a procomp 6" kit that i have added on to to get actually 8.5" of lift out of if i had to do it all over again i would say id be doing a rize industries 4 link kit with traction bars or an Icon 4 link kit with rear traction bars

id hit up SAK on here his name is david and he works for truck toyz and if your wanting to do it your self i know he can get you what your looking for

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok thanks for the help

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
9.5 inchs of total lift on 38 Toyo MT's, Im only 5'7 but love it lol. Also I love my Toyo's gotten coming on 2 yrs with them and still have alot of tread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts